Page 85 of 1073 FirstFirst ... 3575838485868795135185585 ... LastLast

Thread: <Insert Bacon Here> One fat (guy's) primal journal page 85

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenny View Post
    I used to keep poison arrow frogs. That was fun. But they're so damn tiny and therefore they require tiny food... breeding fruit flies and making sure to have backup cultures in case one crashed and never going on vacation got old fast.

I bred Jackson's and carpet chameleons for a bit, too. Made $$$ but again, too annoying to breed food just to feed them affordably.
    That rocks! I'd love to breed geckos. I got the housing and breeder tanks and everything and then the army decided I should spend close to 2 1/2 years overseas. So much for that ambition. Did you feed your chameleons crickets?
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

naiadknight is offline Senior Member
    Hmmm... breeding affordable food...
    Will large breed dogs eat puffball idiot dogs? I may have just killed two birds with one stone...
    Wait, no, dogs tend not to be cannibals. Well, fuck. Back to square one: repairing the back gate and extending the fence.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    Hmmm... breeding affordable food...
    Will large breed dogs eat puffball idiot dogs? I may have just killed two birds with one stone...
    Wait, no, dogs tend not to be cannibals. Well, fuck. Back to square one: repairing the back gate and extending the fence.
    Dog is supposed to be quite tasty....just sayin'
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    Dog is supposed to be quite tasty....just sayin'
    Nah, these are more fur and fluff than brains and meat. Not worth the hassle. Besides, the crap dogfood I see them lugging into the house cured me of the desire to have a "hot dog roast."
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    Nah, these are more fur and fluff than brains and meat. Not worth the hassle. Besides, the crap dogfood I see them lugging into the house cured me of the desire to have a "hot dog roast."
    Ah, good point. Honestly, I would like to try it. A year in Korea and I missed my chance.

geostump is offline Senior Member
    I love my dogs but wouldn't eat them. The cat would be a possibility. Would take it to the local Chinese place for them to deal with that one though.

Quote Originally Posted by geostump View Post
    I love my dogs but wouldn't eat them. The cat would be a possibility. Would take it to the local Chinese place for them to deal with that one though.

Nice. I wonder how that stereotype got started. Do the Chinese eat a lot of cat? Perhaps the early immigrants to the US? Hmm...

geostump is offline Senior Member
    Nice. I wonder how that stereotype got started. Do the Chinese eat a lot of cat? Perhaps the early immigrants to the US? Hmm...
    My niece who went there last summer said yes they do eat cat and dog. Basically anything they can in the peasant culture. She barely ate on her trip. Lost 20 lbs in a 2.5 week period.

Quote Originally Posted by geostump View Post
    My niece who went there last summer said yes they do eat cat and dog. Basically anything they can in the peasant culture. She barely ate on her trip. Lost 20 lbs in a 2.5 week period.
    Interesting. I love to travel for the food. I figure I will eat pretty much anyting once. (Pretty much)

Interesting. I love to travel for the food. I figure I will eat pretty much anyting once. (Pretty much)
    Thanks to years of my father's cooking "experiments," I'll try anything twice. Well, anything except kidney (not happening again, that was NASTY), melon (makes my mouth and ears itch), and shoe leather (wait, I eat that every day....)
    My Primal Battle Tome