Page 849 of 1102 FirstFirst ... 349749799839847848849850851859899949 ... LastLast
Results 8,481 to 8,490 of 11011

Thread: <Insert Bacon Here> One fat (guy's) primal journal page 849

geostump is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Bandit's an awesome dog. He turned 5 in March and it kills us as this is when Aussies start getting health problems.

Our other dog, Bella, is on a really strict diet. She is allergic to a lot of foods and is on a single source of protein diet (in her case, bison) and all of her treats have to be bison or pumpkin and she's totally grain free. I could free feed her no problem, but I can't do that with Bandit. We feed them both a cup of food twice a day and they get frozen pumpkin with both meals. They love their pumpkin
    Georgette

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Hopefully Bandit's health holds out for a long while yet. Pumpkin...hmm...I will have to try that with Lou.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

Thus far, other being overweight, he's in great health. Apparently, male Aussies should weigh at the most 65 pounds. He was as big as 80 pounds. No signs of hip dysplasia which is amazing.

Just get pumpkin purée and put a tablespoon into the segments of an ice cube tray and let freeze. Both dogs will like the spoon when I make the frozen pumpkin for them. Pumpkin is great for digestion. If Lou has an issues with his anal glands, definitely incorporate pumpkin into his diet.
    Georgette

Goldie is offline Senior Member
    We have two Golden Retrievers (well, one is a Golden Receiver), and they are laid-back, well behaved, and shed like crazy. I wish I knew how to spin their fur into yarn and knit a blanket; I have enough fur in one week to easily make a whole blanket! Sweetie is in charge of vacuuming, though, so I just smile and ignore the dust puppies.

I agree with the rest of you about Chihuahuas. There's probably a nice one out there somewhere, but I haven't met it. Or heard about it.

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    Oh yeah, I've read great things about pumpkin for dogs! I should find some info & send it along to my mom. Her dog gets rashes easily & gets improvement from grain-free foods, but my mom keeps switching back to the stuff w/ rice & corn after the dog heals which annoys me to no end.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    Oh yeah, I've read great things about pumpkin for dogs! I should find some info & send it along to my mom. Her dog gets rashes easily & gets improvement from grain-free foods, but my mom keeps switching back to the stuff w/ rice & corn after the dog heals which annoys me to no end.
    You can't switch back and forth. It's worse on dogs then on humans IMO. I can make a 30# bag of grain free food last a month. I spend $55 monthly on their food. I've been thinking of buying a bunch of pie pumpkin and cooking it down for the dogs and making a lot of pumpkin cubes for them. This could save me a lot of money in the long run.
    Georgette

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by geostump View Post
    You can't switch back and forth. It's worse on dogs then on humans IMO. I can make a 30# bag of grain free food last a month. I spend $55 monthly on their food. I've been thinking of buying a bunch of pie pumpkin and cooking it down for the dogs and making a lot of pumpkin cubes for them. This could save me a lot of money in the long run.
    Yeah, I know, it's maddening. That's about right for the price of grain-free kibble around here too, but she is apparently set on spending like $20 on Trader Joe's kibble. Maybe since the cat just died, she'll allot a little more for the dog per month. Grumble. Anyway, good idea to puree & freeze your own!
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    Yeah, I know, it's maddening. That's about right for the price of grain-free kibble around here too, but she is apparently set on spending like $20 on Trader Joe's kibble. Maybe since the cat just died, she'll allot a little more for the dog per month. Grumble. Anyway, good idea to puree & freeze your own!
    There's one brand that is almost $90 for grain free foods. That's outrageous.
    Georgette

excursivey is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    Pumpkin...hmm...I will have to try that with Lou.
    I use the canned pumpkin puree with my yellow lab as well. He loves it. I just keep the can in the fridge and give him about a golf ball sized blob with his dinner. Keeps him nice and regular. I did try giving him organic but he only likes the Safeway brand...
    Breathe. Move forward.

I just eat what I want...

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Anything small enough to be punted is not a dog, it's an overglorified rat. Our neighbors have two pomeranians, a long hair chihuahua, and a damnation, 3 of the stupidest breeds out there.
    Kasumi is a shelter mutt, half Jack Russel and half black lab. I can't attest to how house friendly she is because she got kicked into the backyard as soon she had her shots.
    She eats grain free (Taste of the Wild or whichever grain free is on deepest sale.) Her treats are the bones, skin, and fat from what we eat.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome