Page 848 of 1106 FirstFirst ... 348748798838846847848849850858898948 ... LastLast
Results 8,471 to 8,480 of 11058

Thread: <Insert Bacon Here> One fat (guy's) primal journal page 848

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by skink531 View Post
    As for breeds, I like a good mutt.
    As do I. Unfortunately the only mutts available in our area are part pit (not allowed in our complex) or part chihuaua which is not allowed anywhere in my house because they make me want to punt them. That said the AZ greyhound rescue coordinator works on post so that might be one route to go.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    Yeah, I would say go rescue as well. My parents' dog is a mutt (Labrador/Dachshund) and she is very sweet. You don't have to worry about house-training if you go with a dog of any kind of post-puppy age. With a shelter dog, you can spend one-on-one time & get to know the personality, as well as have your dog meet the potential new one under the guidance of the shelter employees. Plus, they're cheaper to adopt .
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    or part chihuaua which is not allowed anywhere in my house because they make me want to punt them.
    I am so with you on that one.

Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    I am so with you on that one.
    Our neighbor has 4 (and two dauchsands) which insist on barking like rabid tasmanian devils everytime I come home. I've seriously considered taking up falconry just to train a bird of prey to carry the little f*ckers off.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

That has the makings of a viral Youtube video, for sure.

I think some small dogs are adorable & quite sweet (love a lap dog, but that's really what cats are for), but you definitely have to keep them entertained appropriately & train them not to YAP YAP YAP YAP YAP

skink531 is offline Senior Member
    I've never been a little dog person and I'm not convinced that a chihuahua is even really a dog. But in an apartment, having an 80 lb dog might not be the best choice. The only little dog I have seen that I liked was a Jack Russel. It might have just been that one dog, but it was a little dog that acted like a big dog.
    My blog: My Primal Adventure

"I've come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass...and I'm all out of bubble gum."

Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    That has the makings of a viral Youtube video, for sure.

I think some small dogs are adorable & quite sweet (love a lap dog, but that's really what cats are for), but you definitely have to keep them entertained appropriately & train them not to YAP YAP YAP YAP YAP
    I'm not a small dog fan usually, though I like small dogs that act like big dogs. Cats are great but K is very allergic to them. I've considered buying my neighbor a case of bark collars for christmas but I think a nice golden eagle might be more fun and cost effective - making that youtube money...

Quote Originally Posted by skink531 View Post
    I've never been a little dog person and I'm not convinced that a chihuahua is even really a dog. But in an apartment, having having an 80 lb dog might not be the best choice.
    True, though allegedly there are big dogs that do not move much - mastiffs and the like. Also, from what I am reading greyhounds (retired racing ones) like to lay around a lot. That said I take the weasel over to my buddy's house at least 3-4 times a week to run around. He has a large yard and a American Bulldog for Louie to wrestle. It is rather amusing watching 30 pounds of weasel try to maul 80+ pounds of bulldog.

geostump is offline Senior Member
    I despise chihuahuas as well. Bandit (Australian Shepherd) looks at our new neighbors chihuahua like its breakfast. Bandit also thinks he is a lap dog and weighs 70 pounds. He's such a sweet, loving dog and I love it when he hugs us. I won't ever get a small dog.
    Georgette

Quote Originally Posted by geostump View Post
    I despise chihuahuas as well. Bandit (Australian Shepherd) looks at our new neighbors chihuahua like its breakfast. Bandit also thinks he is a lap dog and weighs 70 pounds. He's such a sweet, loving dog and I love it when he hugs us. I won't ever get a small dog.
    Bandit sounds like a great dog. I'm pretty sure chihuahuas are primal so it sounds like the perfect Bandit snack