Page 847 of 1073 FirstFirst ... 347747797837845846847848849857897947 ... LastLast
Results 8,461 to 8,470 of 10730

Thread: <Insert Bacon Here> One fat (guy's) primal journal page 847

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I'm starting to get cold. This is a new thing for me. In the past I have always worn a short-sleeved uniform (no jacket) even in below freezing temperatures. Now I am cold when it is 50. I might actually have to buy a long-sleeved uniform (the humanity!). On the plus side, it will soon be cold enough for me to wear my sexy knitted hat courtesy of drssgchic.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    One of my four pup's... the ridiculous mutt one, Charlie... I absolutely could NOT free feed. Never.

He is from the street and I assume he had to fight for food ans was possibly starved a bit as a pup or young dog. He gulps food too fast, and will eat every single bite he can find including trying to steal from my slow eaters hit and run style. Though he won't test boundaries that I set to get to it, because he's a good pup.

I tried one of those "slow eating" bowels for him with the bumps of the bottom because he chokes himself sometimes. It was a JOKE! Not nearly enough texture there to slow him down at all.
    But I found a great free solution!
    I always keep the marrow bones from making beef shanks (after licking them as clean as I can myself of course ) and let my dogs have them, so they collect around the house. The dogs always have a nice little bone to carry around, they are nice long cooked thick beef bones... never had one break. And one day it occurred to me as I was picking up all the bones to have a bit of a purge... HOLES! So I fitted a scad of them all down into his stainless food bowl like a bit of a puzzle, with just a little room in between, and poured his food over the top come dinnertime. The food filled the bone holes and between the bones making it so that he has to work at it to get all the pieces out, and even turn the bones over to get to what is under them. Hahahah!
    I win little dog.

Speaking of shanks...
    It's that time of year again. *nods*
    Chili tonight, but I really need some nice osso buco soon.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Hmm...sounds like a self-made kong. Effective, dog made, and makes the dog work...you dear cori, are a genius.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Said little yellow dog EATS even the XL black "indestructible" kongs. He has chewing issues. Freaking terrier blood! LOL

At least boiled beef bones actually last... and come as a side bonus from an excellent meal.
    For dummies who don't know how to cook; I suppose they can buy those overpriced little bones at the pet store. Ha!
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Quote Originally Posted by cori93437 View Post
    I suppose they can buy those overpriced little bones at the pet store. Ha!
    They do sell a depressing number of those things.

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    Cori, that's brilliant.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    We have a birthday weasel at our house, so we all like weasels.

Quote Originally Posted by Sabine View Post
    oh, see, now you have to post a pic with the weasel wearing a little party hat. It's in the rules of this journal. (feel free to search all 800+ pages if you don't believe me )

And happy birthday to the weasel

I've been wanting a second dog lately. This makes no sense as I do not like dogs. Well, I do not like things that make a lot of noise and drool so perhaps it is babies I don't like. It gets confusing at times. That said, I do like my dog. He doesn't bark or drool. He does shed hair everywhere and he never listens so in many ways he is like my ex-wife, so liking him is perhaps a bit odd as well. Hmmm...

So then I ask myself what kind of dog I would want. The answer is one that comes with built in pet insurance and lots of gift certificates for dog food. Sadly, I have yet to find this breed. I think Staffordshire Bull Terriers are cool dogs, but I do not think they are allowed at our apt complex (or most in town) since they are evil pit bulls (not really but people are dumb). Another Shiba would be cool as well. We've also talked about a rescue greyhound but space might be an issue.

Hmm...things to consider.

skink531 is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sabine View Post
    Yeah...I tried to use this one on my wife once. She wasn't buying it.

As far as dogs go, I go with a rescue dog. That's where we got ours. As for breeds, I like a good mutt. current dog is a shepherd/lab mix and is pretty cool temperament wise.
    My blog: My Primal Adventure

"I've come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass...and I'm all out of bubble gum."