Page 834 of 1093 FirstFirst ... 334734784824832833834835836844884934 ... LastLast
Results 8,331 to 8,340 of 10930

Thread: <Insert Bacon Here> One fat (guy's) primal journal page 834

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    Shop Now
    A high school friend's mom buzzed her head this summer after being inspired by me. She did it for charity though . My mom had longer hair when she was younger, down to her butt, kept it at a pony-tail length after my sister and I were born, but chopped it off after my brother. He was a puller, so I think that's partially a factor. She also had to stop wearing earrings during that time O.O. Now she keeps a pixie-cut like me. I'll convince her to buzz it someday .

Canio, when you get the kilt, please remember to be aware of your knee positions when seated. Even if they are purposely apart
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Late to the party, but......

Quote Originally Posted by cori93437 View Post
    Also... her outfit was chosen specifically to represent the topless, near naked, girls in the unrated video called "Blurred Lines" by the male singer Robin Thicke - it's what he was singing during that performance...
    Blurred Lines (Unrated Version) - Robin Thicke ft. Pharrell Williams & T.I.
    The song it about "iffy" consent to sex, in case you are wondering.

But in that context, the outfit makes sense in the performance.

There are many issues with that performance. Miley Cyrus is kind of the least of it.

Also... I haven't hear a single person referring to all of the black women dancing on the stage the same as Miley Cyrus as "skanks"... I wonder why.

No one is referring to the married Robin Thicke as a "skank" for grinding his groin against Miley Cyrus' bottom either... I wonder why?

All of those people were committing actions just as sexual as her.
    Black rappers with black female dancers have performed almost identical stage shows during awards and it never even got anyone's attention.
    Double standards that's why.
    White women are held to a separate standard of sexuality than men, and people of color. It's pretty shameful.
    "Hanna Montana" was a Disney(tm) script personality, complete with a Disney(tm) wardrobe, and Disney(tm) schedule of times and places to smile and act cute, and a manufactured list of appropriate "teen" songs to sing in order to sell a Disney(tm) image. She was never a real, actual, person making her own choices. She was a child sold to Disney(tm) by her greedy ass father.

Miley Cyrus is a very real young woman, who is making her way in the world and making mistakes, not really that unlike many other girls her age make in night clubs all the time except in front of every available camera, and on every news channel and the tip of every tongue, especially the meanest most bullying ones. Also, she likely has some emotional issues due to the childhood, and the inappropriate parenting that came with it, described above.

To be perfectly honest the same thing in a smaller way could happen to ANY young girl who makes a bad decision right now because of camera and video phones. One bad outfit decision, one wild night of fun in a club, one boyfriend with no respect for her decides to record something and upload it... and how many people get to see her and lay on the humiliation.
    It could be ANYONE's daughter. Never say "not mine"... children always develop their own ideas of things to try out once they get out into the world.

Just sayn.
    Well said.

Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    Actually, I think it is absolutely brilliant. Not in general, of course, but in Miley's case. I didn't watch the VMAs. I have no idea if Miley Cyrus can sing or not. I am not really sure why she was chosen to perform in said manner. Hell, I know about as much about modern music as I do about equine physiology (Uh...yeah, that's a horse...I think) That said, I do know that all anyone is talking about right now is Miley freaking Cyrus. It is pure marketing gold. In one night she broke away from disney and relaunched herself. Will it be in the right direction? Eh, who knows but she seems to have grabbed the double standard and run with it.
    Good post Cori, and it is very true, yet, as they say, "Sex sells" Along those lines there are going to be those who find overt sexuality cheap, slutty, or off-putting. It is the double-edged sword of marketing - hits with some, misses with others. I am fairly certain that tomi is not Miley's target audience. I am not her target audience either. Her handlers do not give two shits what I think, except in the 'builds controversy' sense.

As for the rest, you are correct. It reminds me a lot of the discussion in Thud about stripping being art or not. One of the characters says that they wear about as little at the ballet and the other says that ballet is art because it is expensive to look at, and nude paintings were art because they had urns. Sometimes the context no matter how silly makes the difference, at least from a societal point of view.

Does that make it right? Eh, no, but America is probably the most prudish country on Earth and I think Miley is smart enough to know what she was opening herself up for. Hopefully the pay off is worth it.
    I bet this was the motive behind it. She's no longer Hannah Montana. And she's no longer Billy Ray Cyrus's young daughter. She's Miley effing Cyrus - the girl who put on that raunchy display at the VMA's. Good on her for breaking out.

ladies, please also take into account that the dude has to say yes before you climb on to said cock.
    lol

BTW, I'm guilty of most all of these "slutty" flapper things. Go me!
    Oh Cori, you SLUT! lol

Hmmm...while, I am not one to argue with Urban Dictionary, common usage down our way certainly implies that sexual looseness is involved. I am not ascribing this usage to your definition merely mentioning that around here skank certainly implies slut.
    It definitely means slutty here too.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    I've always been a self proclaimed tomboy. Jeans and a shirt with a cami when not at work, exchange the jeans for slacks at work. I occasionally wear skirts and dresses, but that's more of a rogue whim than a standard.
    My mom kept all three of us in pageboy haircuts until we were 10 or 12, at which point we were allowed whatever haircut didn't require much maintenance. I remember begging my 12th birthday present to be growing out my hair and getting pierced ears.
    Because I had short hair for so long, I'm still rebelling by keeping it shoulder length or longer. I finally relented on bangs a couple years ago, with the requirement they not be thick, blunt, or anything else I associate with being a kid.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

canio6 is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    Canio, when you get the kilt, please remember to be aware of your knee positions when seated. Even if they are purposely apart
    hmm...decisions, decisions...
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

ssn679doc is offline Senior Member
    hmm...decisions, decisions...
    This might help....

Workman

it has a "modesty snap"....

skink531 is offline Senior Member
    OK...So i just learned how out of touch I am with pop culture. I had no idea that the VMA's were still on, I didn't see Miley Cyris's performance and don't really care what she did(how many celebrities have never done something stupid once in there career), and i have never even heard of Robin Thicke. But more importantly, what is this "Whore Powder", how is it used, and where do you find it. It sounds interesting.
    My blog: My Primal Adventure

"I've come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass...and I'm all out of bubble gum."

geostump is online now Senior Member
    Good for her. Mom's and their buzz cuts. I read somewhere once that when a woman gives birth she cuts her hair. Perhaps it is easier to take care of or maybe it is a mom thing. Or maybe what I read is full of it. Who knows?
    My hair was short all through school. I grew mine out after having kids and keep it chin length or slightly longer since losing hair. I really do not want to go super short with my hair ever again. If I do that again, I'm going to start wearing wigs cause if my hair is that short, I've lost more hair. I am still scared I will be even more bald eventually.
    Georgette

tomi is online now Senior Member
    Geo - have you talked to a doctor about your hair loss? This usually indicates a medical issue.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Goals: Healthy mind, healthy body, happy soul.

geostump is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tomi View Post
    Geo - have you talked to a doctor about your hair loss? This usually indicates a medical issue.
    PCOS. Diagnosed with that and male pattern baldness in 2007. Was told there is not a thing that could be done with it.
    Georgette

canio6 is online now Senior Member
    Today was a good day. Whole 30 starts Sunday. I'll be around until then.

In the meantime I leave you with this...a little something for everyone Felicia Day for the straight dudes, Nathan Fillion for the ladies, and NPH for everyone.

somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony