Page 819 of 1073 FirstFirst ... 319719769809817818819820821829869919 ... LastLast
Results 8,181 to 8,190 of 10730

Thread: <Insert Bacon Here> One fat (guy's) primal journal page 819

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Yeah, I think you are right. I do a ton of stretching and have muscle relaxers for the neck but it is a combo of stress, posture, godknowswhat. I need to win the lottery and get a live in massage therapist.

Thanks for the headsup about Neckhammer. I'll drop him a line of after the next few weeks there is no improvement.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Ummm... I've been seeing a massage therapist for the past year or so to get deep tissue and pressure point release massage.

It hurts, and it's very beneficial. And yes, it's a bit expensive.

If you can look for a place around you that offers package deals you can get the cost cut down significantly... to like half... if you are willing to go long term. That's what I did.

It has helped with both my migraines and my muscle/joint pain problems that stem from my nerve disease.
    It is also great for my stress levels... which are sometimes through the roof with all of my medical issues, VA issues, and with the whole depression/anxiety thing (even though I did end up in the hospital, it can't cure everything LOL).
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Mud Flinger is offline Senior Member
    My neck used to drive me nuts. I looked like I was laws trying to pull my head off trying to crack it every 15 minutes or so. Last September I bought a magnetic necklace from a chiro. Selling them at a craft fair. I liked the way it looks (all rainbow) and didn't think anymore about it. Well, the thing is doing something good cause my neck hardly bothers me anymore. They also make male ( non rainbow, unless you like that stuff) hematite ones. Sounds a little woooooo but... It s really helping! I also carry stress in my neck and upper back BTW.

Cori - that sounds about right. I will check out packages and now the furlough is over might be able to afford one. I love me some deep tissue massage.

Mud Flinger - hmm...yeah, sounds like voodoo, but if it works I'll check it out or at least see what I can find out online. Thanks!
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Canio- try foam rolling. I shit you not, that did more for my fucked up neck than the chiro. Either of them. I carry my stress in my shoulders, too, which doesn't help my neck, but the magic voodoo of the hard foam cylinder did wonders.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    Canio- try foam rolling. I shit you not, that did more for my fucked up neck than the chiro. Either of them. I carry my stress in my shoulders, too, which doesn't help my neck, but the magic voodoo of the hard foam cylinder did wonders.
    looks interesting. Thanks naiad. I'll have to see if any are available around here in Target and the like.

ssn679doc is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    Yeah, I think you are right. I do a ton of stretching and have muscle relaxers for the neck but it is a combo of stress, posture, godknowswhat. I need to win the lottery and get a live in massage therapist.

Thanks for the headsup about Neckhammer. I'll drop him a line of after the next few weeks there is no improvement.
    If there is a massage therapy school around you, they usually charge much less, and the students have to do some many masageees before they can be certifiable...

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ssn679doc View Post
    If there is a massage therapy school around you, they usually charge much less, and the students have to do some many masageees before they can be certifiable...

Actually... many massage schools may charge zero. Seriously look into that if you think it might work for you, though I think that works best for "relaxing" type massages unless you are adamant that you get a student near graduation so that you can get deep tissue done properly.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

tomi is offline Senior Member
    do you have one of those electrode muscle relaxers? Like these. I used to get treatments from my chiro and they really help - especially when you carry tension in the upper back, neck and shoulders. The cost isn't too bad considering you have it at home to use when ever you want.

I've been thinking about getting one for us. Hubby seems to have a lot of neck pain and stiffness these days.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Weight goals:
    Highest weight: 216
    Current weight: 189 (7-16-14)
    Goal weight: 140

Goldie is offline Senior Member
    Jon, I second the suggestion for using a foam roller. I also stress out in my neck/traps/shoulders.

I made my own "foam" roller. A two-foot length of 3" diameter PVC pipe with a really cheap, cut-to-size yoga mat duct taped around it. Total cost was $3.25 and it works a charm! They want $25 for those foam rollers. Talk about a rip-off!