Page 818 of 1073 FirstFirst ... 318718768808816817818819820828868918 ... LastLast
Results 8,171 to 8,180 of 10727

Thread: <Insert Bacon Here> One fat (guy's) primal journal page 818

Saoirse is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldie View Post
    Last year, a guy high on meth tried to drive a stolen pickup truck through our gate. The guards activated those bollards (I saw a pic afterward--launched the truck! cool stuff!), the guy tried to run, and they caught him. He had a bunch of stolen IDs (all kinds, not just military) and stolen checks and credit cards in the truck.

This post led to all sorts of awesome YouTube videos. And the realization that I'm out of butter (as well as coconut oil and evoo).
    Congrats on graduation!
    Sent using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Thanks all. It was fun and taught me all I need to know in order to never open my own restaurant. F*ck that noise.

P - take some classes. Keep the brain going. Also, singing and acting would be fun.

Drssgchic - anytime you are in AZ stop on by for dinner.

Saoirse - go forth and buy butter for it is good.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

Goldie is offline Senior Member
    Congrats, Jon! It's always nice to get a piece of paper to prove that you can do something!

*puts on turn signal for new topic*

Does anyone know what the thing is with teenagers and wearing winter knit caps in 100 degree weather? The only thing I could figure is that they're sooo coooool that they need the caps to keep warm??

*signals again*

Broccoli cookies. No, not what you think. Whenever I cut up broccoli to cook for Sweetie and me, I cut the big stem part into round circles and feed them--broccoli cookies--to our dogs. Our rescue, Em, came to us with the name Emeril. I'm not sure that it fits, but Em is very picky about what he eats. The only things he likes are his grain-free kibble, "Scooby Snacks" (not the real ones, the good quality grain free ones), and broccoli cookies. He's a very funny dog!

badgergirl is offline Senior Member
    Broccoli cookies. No, not what you think. ...I cut the big stem part into round circles and feed them--broccoli cookies--
    To the chef, me, while I cook. Thought everyone did this!
    My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60211.html Into RPG table top games? Check out FateStorm!

Congrats, Jon! It's always nice to get a piece of paper to prove that you can do something!

*puts on turn signal for new topic*

Does anyone know what the thing is with teenagers and wearing winter knit caps in 100 degree weather? The only thing I could figure is that they're sooo coooool that they need the caps to keep warm??

*signals again*

Broccoli cookies. No, not what you think. Whenever I cut up broccoli to cook for Sweetie and me, I cut the big stem part into round circles and feed them--broccoli cookies--to our dogs. Our rescue, Em, came to us with the name Emeril. I'm not sure that it fits, but Em is very picky about what he eats. The only things he likes are his grain-free kibble, "Scooby Snacks" (not the real ones, the good quality grain free ones), and broccoli cookies. He's a very funny dog!
    I wear my knit hat because a cool primal lady made it. And that hat is definitely +5 to sexterity. As for teenager though, yeah, no idea.

Broccoli cookies for dogs sounds good but when you feed them to Em do you yell "Bamn!" really loudly?
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

Quote Originally Posted by badgergirl View Post
    To the chef, me, while I cook. Thought everyone did this!
    Well, I would for sure but K always burgles them. Same with parts of peppers and the like.

Well, I woke up and thought I was out of coffee. Luckily I found some burried in teh back of the coffee cupboard. Whew. I almost had to call in undercaffinated.

Meeting with the director today...postponed from yesterday. I may be doing my boss's job temporarily (hopefully only temporarily).

So far Cisco is interesting. Of course, I am only barely scratching the surface so far, but hopefully the interest continues.

Food today is pork...lots of it. I did a pork shoulder in the crock pot and need to eat it since K is not a pork fan. Oh well, more porky goodness for me.

I'm getting accupuncture and chiro for my neck/head issues. I do not think it works. Of course, that may just be my skeptical Western mind talking. Yeah, I get Eastern Medicine and all, but seriously? This is the same culture that grinds up rhino horns for aphrodisiacs and some such. Oh well. Insurance covers it so we'll see how it goes. Lord knows pills do not work for shit.

Besides that, life is life. Nothing new or exciting to report.

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    Well, I hope the poking & prodding helps anyway Did you know that chiropractic was originally thought to cure deafness? It happened to in one guy, because of pinched nerves or something that were released, so the doctor thought it was the cause for all deafness. Turns out, no, there are other causes, but it sure as hell helps my back pain. I'm hoping to get me and Hulky in for an adjustment next month. I'm sure we could both use it. Semi-regular appointments got his back pain (the injury that makes him a disabled veteran) from a 7/10 every day to a 3.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Nice. I am glad to hear it is working out for you and Hulky. Honestly, I think my issues are more muscle related than bone/spine. My neck muscles are so tense it pulls stuff out of alignment/causes headaches. Yesterday when trying to crack my neck he had to do it several times and said, "Gheesh, you're tense." Yes, yes I am. Massages seem to help but who has $70 an hour to shell out for those?

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    Well, muscle certainly plays a part in it all. You need to have your muscles loose enough to make the adjustment effective, and then reinforce the adjustment with exercise. My chiro usually uses a big back massager on us before starting & gives us stretches & at-home exercises to do to help keep things in place. He comes from a sports therapy background though so might be more inclined to deal with the physical therapy side of things than other chiros.

I think Neckhammer is a chiro or has a lot of experience w/ one if you have questions.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).