Page 808 of 1073 FirstFirst ... 308708758798806807808809810818858908 ... LastLast
Results 8,071 to 8,080 of 10730

Thread: <Insert Bacon Here> One fat (guy's) primal journal page 808

geostump is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    I am still somewhat of a stress eater. It's getting better though. I'm realizing there is only so much in life that you can control. The rest you just deal with when it pops up.
    Georgette

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    See, I do not think this is true. They are doing it right from a young age. Unless something stupid happens they will keep doing it. Do you think Mark looks as good as he does because of Primal? Hell no. Sure it helps, but he had an awesome base to build on. I was fat since I was 7 (or so). I have no base. Were you both swimsuit models until a certain age?

Sorry, I am not trying to be harsh or mean, and yes, age does have an effect, but many of the people reading this journal (including me) were not built like Choco or Richmahogany or Leida at any point in our lives so can't just go "Darn it, I turned 40 and all went to shit"
    Agreed. I think they are much better off than us in that regard b/c they're starting younger and don't already have the problems we're all facing... they don't have to fight to get to where they want b/c they're already there...

I was a drug induced 115 out of high school, then a fit 144 after basic training, gained 10 lbs over the next 3 years, then after starting antidepressant meds (Zyprexa), changing meds 100 times, getting pregnant twice and having zero regard for the foods I was consuming while pregnant, I gained to 221. I plan to be that fit 144 again.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Goldie is offline Senior Member
    I hate to think what I was complaining about way back then
    Your job. I haven't read anything recent, but I imagine that the source of complaints is still the same!

I'm a DoD employee, so I can definitely empathize! (Also did 6 years in the Army back in the dark ages.)

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldie View Post
    Your job. I haven't read anything recent, but I imagine that the source of complaints is still the same!

I'm a DoD employee, so I can definitely empathize! (Also did 6 years in the Army back in the dark ages.)
    I commiserate with you then. Yup, complaints are mostly the same now as then.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

As for the rest of yous...I have faith that you will all be restored to fit and fabulous status. Hell, you all work your asses off (literally)
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

geostump is offline Senior Member
    I for one, am not working out. I want to, just haven't been able to with my bummed knee.
    Georgette

marcadav is online now Senior Member
    Sorry, I am not trying to be harsh or mean, and yes, age does have an effect, but many of the people reading this journal (including me) were not built like Choco or Richmahogany or Leida at any point in our lives so can't just go "Darn it, I turned 40 and all went to shit"
    I was healthy and fairly fit until thyroid disease hit just before I turned 45. I was 5'6 and 115lbs when I got married at 25. I was walking 5+ miles/day, 140 lbs, and slowly gaining at diagnosis. I probably went undiagnosed for several years as my concerns were dismissed as being a tired/stressed mother of three, including twins.

Being under medicated for over 8 years brought an increase of almost 60 lbs. Getting optimally treated led to that 60 lbs leaving. Twice, in the last two years, I have needed a med increase. One of the symptoms of needing more meds is quickly gaining weight.

Can I and do I overeat at times? Yes--I tend to get a f**k it all attitude when the weight increases and symptoms return out of nowhere.

Luckily that attitude doesn't stick around long and optimum hormones get me back on track.

Well, damn, being 38 I will enjoy my last few years before my body totally fucks me over.

Goldie is offline Senior Member
    Well, damn, being 38 I will enjoy my last few years before my body totally fucks me over.
    Nah, just keep on being mostly primal and you'll be fine. I'm 56 and better than ever. *my sweetie nods his head vigorously*

I do have the advantage of a mother who cooked 70-80% primal, decades before it was invented!

skink531 is offline Senior Member
    Hey now, as a 40 year old dude who would put his fitness level up against many others I'm goings to say there might still be some light at the end of the tunnel. I'm afraid I missed out on all the forum discussions you all are talking about. It's been quite a long time since I've read anything in the rest of the forum, and it sounds like I haven't missed much. I do recognize some of the names mentioned(Choco, etc.) and dogmatic is not a strong enough term. There was always a lot of "This was my experience, so it must be the ONLY way it ever happens!" But, thanks for reminding to never venture out of the journals.
    My blog: My Primal Adventure

"I've come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass...and I'm all out of bubble gum."