Page 795 of 1100 FirstFirst ... 295695745785793794795796797805845895 ... LastLast
Results 7,941 to 7,950 of 10999

Thread: <Insert Bacon Here> One fat (guy's) primal journal page 795

canio6 is online now Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by Crabbcakes View Post
    Cleveland or Jersey?? Hmm.
    The correct answer is - both.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

Crabbcakes is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    The correct answer is - both.
    Oh, Lord, I can see it now... starting with the question of who should do most of the driving...
    I have a mantra that I have spouted for years... "If I eat right, I feel right. If I feel right, I exercise right. If I exercise right, I think right. If I think right, I eat right..." Phil-SC

Oh, Lord, I can see it now... starting with the question of who should do most of the driving...
    Roshambo him for it.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Cleveland or Jersey...Now there is a road trip involved. The plot thickens, so to speak

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Would the Amish friend expect them to use his mode of transport?

Crabbcakes is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    Roshambo him for it.
    I have to look this one up... Eeeek!

Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    Would the Amish friend expect them to use his mode of transport?
    OMG, one half-dead, half-crazed Morgan horse and five big, oddball dudes of dubious character and sobriety crammed into a black buggy with a warning triangle dangling off the back on the Pennsy Turnpike... Can't you just see one of them flipping motorists the bird?!

Seriously, no problems with Amish Dude riding in a car. Although this would make for some seriously funny situations if he were required to buggy it with no exceptions! There is a thriving cottage industry of retirement careers for the "English" as the Amish pay for rides to lots of places, as the pressures of modern life impact them as well, much as they try to moderate it. I have given Amish Dude's wife and son a ride to the library before, as she needed a copy machine and computer to do taxes and stuff. Library is ten miles away from our families.
    I have a mantra that I have spouted for years... "If I eat right, I feel right. If I feel right, I exercise right. If I exercise right, I think right. If I think right, I eat right..." Phil-SC

tomi is offline Senior Member
    I wonder if there are any "TRUE" Amish left in this modern world. How would you function in this world of cell phones, on-line everything, and modern conveniences? I strongly doubt there is an Amish person who hasn't used some form of electronics or travelled by car.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

Goals: Healthy mind, healthy body, happy soul.

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Their religion, from what I understand, allows them to utilize some modern devices, but they are not to own them or make them a part of daily life... But, like you said, I doubt there are any truly 100% Amish left. Maybe there are, but not any that I know of around here in my neck of the woods.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

geostump is offline Senior Member
    I love roughly 20-30 miles south of Amish Country in Ohio and they do exist. The ones you see driving around, using phones, buttons and zippers are called Mennonites. The regular Amish, I equate to Hassidic Jews, Mennonites are just like your everyday Jewish folk.
    Georgette

Hmm...all this talk about the Amish and no link to Amish Paradise. I feel like a failure in my own journal

On a seperate note it is my Friday. I am glad as if I had to go to work one more day this week I might snap. Nothing exciting planned for the weekend - probably the farmer's market, some Eve, and some house cleaning.

I hope all is well with you folks out in MDA land.