Page 781 of 1073 FirstFirst ... 281681731771779780781782783791831881 ... LastLast
Results 7,801 to 7,810 of 10730

Thread: <Insert Bacon Here> One fat (guy's) primal journal page 781

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    I went to the Waxahachie one this spring, during what ended up being a freak cool snap. I wore my velvet wedding dress with HUGE dagged sleeves that nearly trailed the ground when I walked and a leather corset. Breathing was optional, but I had fun all the same.
    What a coincidence, I wore the exact same outfit.

Actually, the Phoenix faire blew. It has become Ye Olde Shopping Mall. I don't mind people hawking their wares, but please have a few things besides that.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

Mud Flinger is offline Senior Member
    The one in Colorado has great artisans with really cool stuff and also jousting with real horses, not some gimmicky thing and the crowd cheers on their favorites. Lots of fun man powered rides and some fairly primal food choices. Some of the shows are funny and there is a stage set up in each off branch from the main "square". It just gets pricey ( at least for me) since there is so much great stuff that I only see there. I wonder if the place will smell like pot this year since its basically legal here and I've always seen a few pirates enjoying their pipe

That is how the Phoenix faire was back in the day after this past year we will not be going back (the cool artisans, jousting etc. not the pot.)
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    King Richard's Faire is the only worthwhile one up here. It's also the largest. It has a dedicated fairground that isn't used for anything else, but the participants travel and often perform in other faires around the country. There's one guy, Jack the Whipper, who is my age and went to high school with some of the same folks with whom I attended college (sorry, couldn't end it with "with"). He's really good. Hulky got to be "Fifi", aka. his stage assistant, when we went a couple of years ago. We went to the faire last year and it was fun to wander, but we didn't want to see many shows & had no many for wares so it wasn't all that great. They have themed weekends and it usually runs till around Halloween so you get a lot of great costumes.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    They have themed weekends and it usually runs till around Halloween so you get a lot of great costumes.

That could be fun right there.

drssgchic is offline Senior Member
    I'm pretty good at just going and drooling over the pretties without buying much. I was super excited last year, though, when I actually needed to buy a couple of things there. (A leather purse, and my bow.) I figure there might be one or two small things to get, but mostly it'll just be for the shows. Cast in Bronze and Puke and Snot are both musts
    http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Originally Posted by TheFastCat: Less is more more or less

And now I have an Etsy store: CattailsandCalendula

Quote Originally Posted by drssgchic View Post
    Cast in Bronze and Puke and Snot are both musts
    Well, when you put it that way...

I usually like checking out all the cool wares as well. This year though even those were down. I am not sure if it is the economy or just that it was too hot (100+) but it was 50 vendors selling the same 4 things. I hope you have better luck.

drssgchic is offline Senior Member
    Don't say that! Half the fun is looking at the pretties that I can't afford! *fingers crossed* that ours still rocks.
    http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Originally Posted by TheFastCat: Less is more more or less

And now I have an Etsy store: CattailsandCalendula

Quote Originally Posted by drssgchic View Post
    Don't say that! Half the fun is looking at the pretties that I can't afford!
    I feel the same way at brothels.

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    I feel the same way at brothels.
    Are they still calling them that these days? Reminds of the new favorite show in our household...Copper.