Page 777 of 1073 FirstFirst ... 277677727767775776777778779787827877 ... LastLast
Results 7,761 to 7,770 of 10730

Thread: <Insert Bacon Here> One fat (guy's) primal journal page 777

geostump is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by skink531 View Post
    You no longer have to read Farenheit 451 since we a practically living it. My wife and I often talk about the giant screen TV's we see on almost every wall just about every we go are just like the "Parlor Walls" in the book.
    I tend to think that the latter books I've mentioned, including 1984, we are living out now, or will sooner or later.
    Georgette

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    It's not 1984. It's a Brave New World. No Big Brother because folks are too distracted to care.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

drssgchic is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    It's not 1984. It's a Brave New World. No Big Brother because folks are too distracted to care.
    +1- complete with the Soma!
    http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Originally Posted by TheFastCat: Less is more more or less

And now I have an Etsy store: CattailsandCalendula

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    It's a bit of a combination of all - 1984 - NSA gathering info on everyone, Brave New World - everyone on some drug or another + reality/crap TV, Fahrenheit 451 - not into book burning so much as of yet, but independent thought is definitely being discouraged so it is a small step away, though less and less people are reading due to example number 2. There is even a healthy dose of Harrison Bergeron with steps to make everyone equal - it is a small step from equal opportunity to expected/demanded equal results.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

Well, My FiL arrived yesterday. We fed him Sonoran Hotdogs and Carne Asada burritos from a local place. It was rather amusing watching a 70 year old Israeli eat Mexican street food. He seemed to enjoy himself. 3 more days until vacation. Woot Woot.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

Sounds like good times had by all.
    Georgette

Quote Originally Posted by geostump View Post
    Sounds like good times had by all.
    Indeed. He likes trying new foods. Last time we took him for sushi, thai food, and cold stone. We're doing pizza next week and korean at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    Indeed. He likes trying new foods. Last time we took him for sushi, thai food, and cold stone. We're doing pizza next week and korean at some point.
    See, that would be fun. Most people around here aren't that adventurous when it comes to food. I figure as long as it isn't breathing or walking on my plate, I'll try it out once.
    Georgette

Quote Originally Posted by geostump View Post
    See, that would be fun. Most people around here aren't that adventurous when it comes to food. I figure as long as it isn't breathing or walking on my plate, I'll try it out once.
    Pretty much. I'll eat pretty much anything once. It may only be once, but hell, I will try it.

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    "Try anything twice. The first time because it's new, the second time to see if you really like it or not." Something my my daddy said when I was a kud that stuck. Unless I have an allergic reaction, I'll try anything twice. Eggplant had already had 3 chances.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome