Page 774 of 1095 FirstFirst ... 274674724764772773774775776784824874 ... LastLast
Results 7,731 to 7,740 of 10942

Thread: <Insert Bacon Here> One fat (guy's) primal journal page 774

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I've read them all. All the silly Austen/Brontes stuffs.
    And liked it well enough. It was books!
    (Better than freaking Twilight... )

Yep.
    I was a voracious reader as a kid and read what was available. Summer's at my Gramma's house that meant lot's of Austen, the Brontes, Twain, Steinbeck, various others such as Les Miserables and Gone with the Wind ... mostly all Classics in short.
    She was a teacher.

Her son, my uncle, who is only about 4 years older than me... one of those "oops" babies that occurs sometimes at menopause... provided me with The Hitchhikers Guide when he was in high school and I was in middle school... I was so hooked!

From my father's shelves I read other random "things". College texts such as biology, One Flew Over the Cuckoos Nest, Zen and the Art..., Catch 22, Fahrenheit 451, The Happy Hooker which was probably really inappropriate give the age at which I read it, but whatever.
    When I had my own library access I read EVERYTHING. Lots of horror, fantasy, and sci-fi along with literature.
    It was always a bit of an eclectic stack.
    And then I had my subscriptions to Asimov's SF and OMNI. Those were the only things I was willing to actually part with money for as a kid.
    Last edited by cori93437; 06-22-2013 at 11:01 AM.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Saoirse is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    Yeah, I was going to let let that one pass.

FYI I prefer my stockings completely full.
    Oh my...

Sent from my SCH-S738C using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

Saoirse is online now Senior Member
    Joining in the literary discussion, in middle school (junior high) i read anything and everything about the holocaust. Early high school, i transitioned into reading every Thomas hardy book i could find, then the brontes, Jane Austen, and miscellaneous other romantic tragedies of that period (not that austen books were tragedies).

Sent from my SCH-S738C using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

canio6 is online now Senior Member
    I tried really hard to like Hardy, Austen, the Brontes, Dickens, Verne and the like, but that whole period fails to capture my interest.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    I can honestly say that out of all of it, I only liked Jane Eyre. I've read since before school, though. Mom taught me with a Dr. Seuss dictionary. Ever since then, books have been my escape. I vividly remember being in 2nd or 3rd grade and trying to decipher a college biology text while the adults drank and played dominos, because it was the only book there and I was forced to leave my book in the car. It seems like each stage of my life was defined by a book series or author obsession: pre-K and Kindergarten- Tomie de Paolo, 1st and 2nd grade- Golden Books and Berenstein bears, third through fifth grade- Babysitter's Club and Sweet Valley High, 6th grade and middle school- Stephen King and Dean Koontz, high school- Stephen King, Terry Brooks, Piers Anthony, and Douglas Adams, college- Douglas Adams, Stephen King, and satire. Recently, it's been Terry Pratchett.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    Recently, it's been Terry Pratchett.
    I'm a big Pratchett fan having read all of the disc world novels and most of everything else he has written. What are you reading of his at the moment?
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

Mostly Discworld novels. Feet of Clay is the latest I read.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Ah, I liked Feet of Clay. Are you reading them in order?

Nah. I tend to get them used and read them as I find them.
    My Primal Battle Tome

Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    Nah. I tend to get them used and read them as I find them.
    hmm...not a bad plan but some are better if read in order. Not necessarily book 1 - 2 - 3 - etc but the subsets - Witches, Guards, etc build on each other if you read them in order. So while you could skip all the book about the Witches to read the ones about the Guards I find that reading the 'Guard' books in order is preferable to reading them out of order. Then again, that might just be me. Have you read Small Gods or Monstrous Regiment yet?