Page 773 of 1073 FirstFirst ... 273673723763771772773774775783823873 ... LastLast
Results 7,721 to 7,730 of 10727

Thread: <Insert Bacon Here> One fat (guy's) primal journal page 773

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by geostump View Post
    I know a hot chick pharmacist!
    Quote Originally Posted by skink531 View Post
    I've actually had both. May have to make that one a wash.

Well, now I feel cheated. Okay. Let's call it a wash. 3-0-1
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

naiadknight is offline Senior Member
    I've seen more hot bartender guys than hot pharmacists. Then again, most of them were gayer than a Pride and Prejudice Christmas.
    Alcohol tends to taste better than meds, though. 4-0-1
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    Then again, most of them were gayer than a Pride and Prejudice Christmas.
    I've just found my new favorite phrase. Seriously, is there a straight man alive who liked Pride and Prejudice? (trick question, any man that says they liked it is not straight by default.)
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

skink531 is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    I've just found my new favorite phrase. Seriously, is there a straight man alive who liked Pride and Prejudice? (trick question, any man that says they liked it is not straight by default.)
    Does it count that I pretended to like it to make my wife(I think she was still just my girlfriend at the time) happy? I have claimed to like a lot of crap in order to improve my chances of getting some sex.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app
    My blog: My Primal Adventure

"I've come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass...and I'm all out of bubble gum."

Quote Originally Posted by skink531 View Post
    Does it count that I pretended to like it to make my wife(I think she was still just my girlfriend at the time) happy? I have claimed to like a lot of crap in order to improve my chances of getting some sex.
    This is acceptable, encouraged, and the only appropriate use of Jane Austin.

I've actually never read any Austen. I've read several by the Brontes, but never anything by Jane Austen. Come to think of it, my "forced high school classics"(e.g. Scarlet Letter, Pride and Prejudice, etc.) section is pretty meager. I think the only common "High school classics" I read was the Iliad in middle school and Romeo and Juliet as a freshman. Sophomore year was Beloved, Cry the Beloved Country, and Othello. Junior year was Hamlet, Wuthering Heights, and Tartuffe. Senior year was the Oresteia, Rape of the Lock, and Candide.
    Then again, I completely skipped English II and went to English III as a sophomore. I think English II is where so many of the regular "forced high school classics" are.
    I have an entire shelf of classics that I've read most of, just never was forced to read them for school. Hell, I read Jane Eyre in 5th or 6th Grade..
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    Hell, I read Jane Eyre in 5th or 6th Grade..
    Nice. The best critique of Jane Eyre I ever read was something like, "A great book if it were 200 pages shorter." It is one reason English teachers and I never got along. A book is not a great work of literature just because 98% of teenagers hate it. Sometimes they are just not that good.

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    As an English major, I had to read quite a bit of Austen. I didn't like most of it.

I missed a lot of the "classics" that NK just referenced, actually. I figure I'm not really missing out. But I have been known to enjoy Jane Eyre.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    But I have been known to enjoy Jane Eyre.
    Jane Eyre was not bad, just too long. Though that is my complaint about much of the writing of that time. And it is not length I am against, just unnecessary length.

I'm a Stephen King fan, so length, even extraneous length, doesn't bug me. (That's what she said.) It's authors that spend 5 pages describing the fucking flower the protagonist is hold that bug me. (*coughJeanAuelcough*) I have a handful of books where I've read maybe a third of it and finished, because I skimmed past the unnecessary exposition. I really don't need 3 pages describing the guy's shirt or his ex's hair.
    My Primal Battle Tome