Page 768 of 1089 FirstFirst ... 268668718758766767768769770778818868 ... LastLast
Results 7,671 to 7,680 of 10881

Thread: <Insert Bacon Here> One fat (guy's) primal journal page 768

  1. #7671
    cori93437's Avatar
    cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    central FL
    Posts
    6,949
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    Hmm...thanks all for the thoughts. It is indeed a confusing subject. There are so many things that it could be. Nutrition? Sure makes sense - junk food, low quality crap, and boxed garbage. Lifestyle - yup. When I was a kid it was school then outside running around until dusk. Now it is video games, smart phones, and netflicks. Poor parenting - yup - mom and dad (or just mom/dad due to divorce etc) working tons of hours and junior left to his own devices. The permissive culture of 'anything goes'. Also there are those that have brains which are just not wired correctly (or chemicals unbalanced or whatever). All in all, I guess we are all a bit f*cked up.
    Don't forget abuse...

    It was years of witnessing and being subject to domestic violence (physical and emotional) from dad and a couple of male partners, and then rape that got me all the way to a PTSD nut case who would have a complete melt down if I didn't feel safe in public/around people.
    And pretty messed up when I was home alone too.


    I know... ya gotta nut up and get over it. But telling that to someone who is having a gut fear reaction so intense that they nearly piss themselves is pretty useless and ineffective. They have to be given other tools to get to the get over it stage.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.


  2. #7672
    tomi's Avatar
    tomi is online now Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Posts
    6,466
    Quote Originally Posted by cori93437 View Post
    Don't forget abuse...

    It was years of witnessing and being subject to domestic violence (physical and emotional) from dad and a couple of male partners, and then rape that got me all the way to a PTSD nut case who would have a complete melt down if I didn't feel safe in public/around people.
    And pretty messed up when I was home alone too.


    I know... ya gotta nut up and get over it. But telling that to someone who is having a gut fear reaction so intense that they nearly piss themselves is pretty useless and ineffective. They have to be given other tools to get to the get over it stage.
    wow........ I'm so sorry you had to go through that. I hope you have been able to heal and find strength in yourself.

    I believe there is a special place in hell for those types of violators.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

    Goals: Healthy mind, healthy body, happy soul.

  3. #7673
    cori93437's Avatar
    cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    central FL
    Posts
    6,949
    I'm good now... have been for a while.
    I actually went to a doctor who was good, and gave me the medication but said "I'm giving you these pills BUT, you NEED to be in therapy or you are not going to get any better..."
    I was definitely the reluctant patient. I didn't trust anyone, and that included the stupid therapist of course.
    But eventually... you know, they ask you questions and whether you answer them to the therapist or just to yourself you work some stuff out. And I got off the meds, and I got better. And I had a life again.


    My husband is an amazingly tolerant man. He was there for all of it.
    He's really good at that whole "for better or worse" thing.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.


  4. #7674
    tomi's Avatar
    tomi is online now Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Posts
    6,466
    You're very blessed to have him Glad to hear you worked through it all.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

    Goals: Healthy mind, healthy body, happy soul.

  5. #7675
    canio6's Avatar
    canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    S. Arizona
    Posts
    11,611
    Hugs Cori. Lots and lots of hugs.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

    What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

  6. #7676
    naiadknight's Avatar
    naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Odessa/ Midland, TX
    Posts
    12,898
    Quote Originally Posted by cori93437 View Post
    Don't forget abuse... <snip.>
    I know. Oh gods, do I know. I still fight ingrained patterns because of what happened when I was a kid. Sometimes, you need crutches until you can hobble on your own. Different people need crutches for different reasons. It's the people who want soma for when life gets less than perfect that irritate me.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

  7. #7677
    Mud Flinger's Avatar
    Mud Flinger is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Denver Suburbs, CO
    Posts
    1,860
    Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    I know. Oh gods, do I know. I still fight ingrained patterns because of what happened when I was a kid. Sometimes, you need crutches until you can hobble on your own. Different people need crutches for different reasons. It's the people who want soma for when life gets less than perfect that irritate me.
    Do you mean soma the drug? Carisiprodol? I ask because I have been given that stuff as a muscle relaxer and loved it. It made me feel mellow and great. Only muscle relaxer that works for me BTW. I am immune to all others I have tried. Kaiser Permanente took it out of their pharmacy though so no more!

  8. #7678
    canio6's Avatar
    canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    S. Arizona
    Posts
    11,611
    So food yesterday was about as primal as a ball of stress deep fried in canola oil with a side of GMO soybean/wheat bread with margarine and cyanide. That said, it was really good.

    I made ice cream using the Ben and Jerry's sweet cream recipe - hvy cream, milk, sugar, eggs. Then I added all the stuff K wanted - chocolate chips, nestle crunch, kitkat, roasted almonds, and M&Ms. Way too sweet but still good.

    Dinner we went to a nice place we had a groupon for. I had hush puppies as an appetizer - they were awesome and came with some pepper jam. K had the snack slate which had cheese and bread and nuts and olives and a bunch of other snacky sh*t. Entrees - I had pot roast with roasted potatoes, carrots, and truffle gravy. K had grouper with asparagus, beans, two kinds of tomatoes and some other stuff. For dessert we shared a piece of blackberry bundt cake with mint infused whipped cream.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

    What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

  9. #7679
    tomi's Avatar
    tomi is online now Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Posts
    6,466
    Quote Originally Posted by Mud Flinger View Post
    Do you mean soma the drug? Carisiprodol? I ask because I have been given that stuff as a muscle relaxer and loved it. It made me feel mellow and great. Only muscle relaxer that works for me BTW. I am immune to all others I have tried. Kaiser Permanente took it out of their pharmacy though so no more!
    I believe that was a typo. I think it was supposed to read.......... Its the people who want SOME for life (meaning crutches).

    Correct me if I'm wrong.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

    Goals: Healthy mind, healthy body, happy soul.

  10. #7680
    tomi's Avatar
    tomi is online now Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Posts
    6,466
    Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    So food yesterday was about as primal as a ball of stress deep fried in canola oil with a side of GMO soybean/wheat bread with margarine and cyanide. That said, it was really good.

    I made ice cream using the Ben and Jerry's sweet cream recipe - hvy cream, milk, sugar, eggs. Then I added all the stuff K wanted - chocolate chips, nestle crunch, kitkat, roasted almonds, and M&Ms. Way too sweet but still good.

    Dinner we went to a nice place we had a groupon for. I had hush puppies as an appetizer - they were awesome and came with some pepper jam. K had the snack slate which had cheese and bread and nuts and olives and a bunch of other snacky sh*t. Entrees - I had pot roast with roasted potatoes, carrots, and truffle gravy. K had grouper with asparagus, beans, two kinds of tomatoes and some other stuff. For dessert we shared a piece of blackberry bundt cake with mint infused whipped cream.
    my mouth is watering.................
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

    Goals: Healthy mind, healthy body, happy soul.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •