Page 766 of 1073 FirstFirst ... 266666716756764765766767768776816866 ... LastLast
Results 7,651 to 7,660 of 10730

Thread: <Insert Bacon Here> One fat (guy's) primal journal page 766

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by geostump View Post
    Maybe you'll be the guy to figure it all out. Would be nice to say, "I knew this guy when..."
    LOL. If only. Sadly, I am not sure there is a way to figure it out. Plenty of better minds than mine have tried. I just want a basic knowledge so I am not a total asshat.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

geostump is offline Senior Member
    The ones I'd like to understand better are dementia and Alzheimer's. I get everything else. Mainly because I experienced it or I know others who have and we talk.
    Georgette

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    I've had mental illness(depression/anxiety/PTSD), and studied some Psych... and still don't really understand the why.

I just know it happens, and I know what events got me there... and I kind of know what got me out. Sort of.

It's like a snow in the limbs of a tree that turns into an avalanche in a way. Or it was for me. It kept piling up until the branches let go, and then the slide began... no stopping it for a while because even though in the real world the snow storm had stopped inside my mind there was still a blizzard raging on, like a dvd on a loop created by stress. And until I got into therapy and figured out why the slide started it just wasn't going to stop.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

tomi is offline Senior Member
    I have a Bachelor of Science in Psychology. Mental illness is very complex - if you want the information without having to go to school for it just pick up that lastest version of the DSM (Diagnostic and Statistical Manual on Mental Disorders) - I believe they are on DSM6 currently. When I was in school it was the DSM4. Everything you'd ever want to know about the currently take on mental illness.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Weight goals:
    Highest weight: 216
    Current weight: 189 (7-16-14)
    Goal weight: 140

Cool. I will check it out. Thanks for the tip tomi.

Thanks too cori. I understand it happens. I just don't get the why and more importantly the why to (specific person).
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

excursivey is offline Senior Member
    I just wanted to say hi as a "refugee" from the recently reference other thread, and as a fellow Southern Arizonan. I'm in Tucson...
    Breathe. Move forward.

I just eat what I want...

badgergirl is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tomi View Post
    just pick up that lastest version of the DSM (Diagnostic and Statistical Manual on Mental Disorders) - I believe they are on DSM6 currently. When I was in school it was the DSM4. Everything you'd ever want to know about the currently take on mental illness.
    Not to diss this approach out of hand, but the DSM and the biomedical model it rests on is rather, er, contentious. It's rather like the fuss about classing obesity as a disease.
    My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60211.html Into RPG table top games? Check out FateStorm!

Quote Originally Posted by excursivey View Post
    I just wanted to say hi as a "refugee" from the recently reference other thread, and as a fellow Southern Arizonan. I'm in Tucson...
    Nice. I'm in Sierra Vista but headed up to Tucson tonight for dinner. Cute dog too btw

Quote Originally Posted by badgergirl View Post
    Not to diss this approach out of hand, but the DSM and the biomedical model it rests on is rather, er, contentious. It's rather like the fuss about classing obesity as a disease.
    Well, lovely. Even the pros can't agree.

badgergirl is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    Well, lovely. Even the pros can't agree.
    One of the mothers at school is high up in the Aus College of Psychiatrists and she said recently that she is having doubts about the biomedical model - giving a set of behaviours a name does not a disease make - it's simply a diagnosis. Of course, if it has a name you can make a drug for it.

I haven't read these yet, but they are on the wishlist...
    Semantic Polarities and Psychopathologies in the Family: Permitted and Forbidden Stories: Amazon.co.uk: Valeria Ugazio: Books
    The Noonday Demon: Amazon.co.uk: Andrew Solomon: Books
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Depression-P...I2TL9PXHNVOY0S
    My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60211.html Into RPG table top games? Check out FateStorm!