Page 756 of 1099 FirstFirst ... 256656706746754755756757758766806856 ... LastLast
Results 7,551 to 7,560 of 10982

Thread: <Insert Bacon Here> One fat (guy's) primal journal page 756

drssgchic is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    9 hours?
    It sure felt like it.

I curse some, but not often. In college we were told we weren't allowed to curse in the barn because that indicated that we'd stopped thinking. On a personal basis, I think that as long as you're cursing creatively, your brain is still active. Since then, though, I have noticed that when I DO curse around someone that hasn't heard me curse, it has a much bigger effect. The sort of an effect an expletive should have.
    http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Originally Posted by TheFastCat: Less is more more or less

And now I have an Etsy store: CattailsandCalendula

Twibble is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by skink531 View Post
    I was a cop for 13 years. Grew up around cops, fire fighters, and commercial divers. So, yeah, I cuss like 10 motherfuckers. But to this day I have never(and not sure if I ever could) cussed in front of my mom.
    I had a Russian teacher in college who could cuss you out in four different languages, but not in Russian. She was a native Russian speaker, and apparently her mother definitely ingrained not cussing into her. I still marvel at the success and wonder about the method...
    Most people don't realize how much energy it takes for me to pretend to be normal.

If I wanted to listen to an asshole, I'd fart.

Twibble's Twibbly Wibbly

Quote Originally Posted by drssgchic View Post
    It sure felt like it.

I curse some, but not often. In college we were told we weren't allowed to curse in the barn because that indicated that we'd stopped thinking. On a personal basis, I think that as long as you're cursing creatively, your brain is still active. Since then, though, I have noticed that when I DO curse around someone that hasn't heard me curse, it has a much bigger effect. The sort of an effect an expletive should have.
    Oh, it's marvelous. Do you know how many guys I have made COMPLETELY miss their pool shot by randomly cussing when they've never heard me do it before?
    Most people don't realize how much energy it takes for me to pretend to be normal.

Twibble's Twibbly Wibbly

canio6 is online now Senior Member
    Yes, the occasional swear does seem to have more of an impact. As for swearing in four langauges, I can barely speak one. What four were they T?
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

drssgchic is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Twibble View Post
    Oh, it's marvelous. Do you know how many guys I have made COMPLETELY miss their pool shot by randomly cussing when they've never heard me do it before?
    That's awesome! I usually get the shocked look reserved for when I say I listen to metal or like tattoos.
    http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Originally Posted by TheFastCat: Less is more more or less

And now I have an Etsy store: CattailsandCalendula

I knew there was a reason I didn't play pool with women...or with anyone. And it has nothing to do with an absolute lack of skill >.>
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

Yes, the occasional swear does seem to have more of an impact. As for swearing in four langauges, I can barely speak one. What four were they T?
    English, French, German, and I think Church Slavonic (ie, ancient Russian).

Twibble's Twibbly Wibbly

Quote Originally Posted by Twibble View Post
    English, French, German, and I think Church Slavonic (ie, ancient Russian).
    very nice, though I wonder if Church Slavonic is one of those languages where everything sounds like a curse word to our English trained ears.

Crabbcakes is online now Senior Member
    very nice, though I wonder if Church Slavonic is one of those languages where everything sounds like a curse word to our English trained ears.
    That is the nice thing about speaking some German - the sounds themselves have such a soul-satisfying guttural quality - perfect for insulting folks or letting off some steam
    I have a mantra that I have spouted for years... "If I eat right, I feel right. If I feel right, I exercise right. If I exercise right, I think right. If I think right, I eat right..." Phil-SC

Saoirse is online now Senior Member
    Hey Canio, just saw your before/now pic in the b/a thread! Wow, you're looking great!!

Sent from my SCH-S738C using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app