Page 755 of 1073 FirstFirst ... 255655705745753754755756757765805855 ... LastLast
Results 7,541 to 7,550 of 10730

Thread: <Insert Bacon Here> One fat (guy's) primal journal page 755

drssgchic is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by ssn679doc View Post
    Behave pooly if you wish...... it's still behavior..
    I've started asking "Why?" when people tell me to "behave" or "be good." I have yet to get a good answer.

Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    Hmm...I said the f word in front of my mother once (I was 24-25 at the time). I still have a knot on my head from where she smacked me
    The first time I remember swearing in front of my parents was early in the 9-hour drive to Maine. I mean, c'mon, I'd just spilled my 100+ box of crayons all over the van floor. Do you have any idea how long a disapproving lecture can last?
    http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Originally Posted by TheFastCat: Less is more more or less

And now I have an Etsy store: CattailsandCalendula

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by drssgchic View Post
    The first time I remember swearing in front of my parents was early in the 9-hour drive to Maine. I mean, c'mon, I'd just spilled my 100+ box of crayons all over the van floor. Do you have any idea how long a disapproving lecture can last?
    9 hours?
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

Quote Originally Posted by tomi View Post
    OH MY GOSH --- I picked the wrong time to step into this conversation...................... *eyes bleeding profusely* I think I'm developing a tick from the F-BOMBS dropping around me!!!!
    LOL just don't get Lyme disease from the tick
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

Crabbcakes is offline Senior Member
    First cussing for me - still young elementary school age, at the movies, in front of God, my dad, and the entire audience. Scenario - movie was just over, lights had just brightened, and I spied a Cracker Jack prize - UNOPENED - on the floor. I reach down and snatch that thing up before my brother could get to it. Father barks out "don't pick shit up off the floor!"

Me, in return - "I'm NOT picking shit up!!", just as loudly. Audience cracked up. I lost my color, for I was absolutely positive I would feel the hard hand of Dad connect with my head... never happened. Took me years to understand why.
    I have a mantra that I have spouted for years... "If I eat right, I feel right. If I feel right, I exercise right. If I exercise right, I think right. If I think right, I eat right..." Phil-SC

tomi is online now Senior Member
    My mom swore........... but we knew if we did - we'd get our butt spanked! I cussed a little in junior high.......... I always felt stupid doing it! Poop or dang-it felt more comfortable coming out of my mouth - so that's what a stuck with it. These days --- shit is my go to cuss word! Especially if I hurt myself! Once in a blue moon if I've been drinking and get REALLY SUPER pissed off about something.......... I'll drop an F-bomb. I think I've said it maybe 10 times in my adult life. and afterwards I want to wash my own mouth out with soap!!! What can I say............... I'm a pansy.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    I swore watching Sesame Street when I was very little. I think I said "shit". I don't know where I heard it, but I remember watching Burt & Ernie, saying it randomly, and then getting dragged over to the kitchen to get soap or pepper put on my tongue. I cried, my mom felt awful and let me wash it out immediately.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

skink531 is online now Senior Member
    I was a cop for 13 years. Grew up around cops, fire fighters, and commercial divers. So, yeah, I cuss like 10 motherfuckers. But to this day I have never(and not sure if I ever could) cussed in front of my mom.
    My blog: My Primal Adventure

"I've come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass...and I'm all out of bubble gum."

Quote Originally Posted by skink531 View Post
    But to this day I have never(and not sure if I ever could) cussed in front of my mom.
    Understandable. The time I did it was not intentional. Slipped out.

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    My parents made it very clear: up until I completely moved out (into my own place, not a dorm), I was theirs. Until that point, I could not cuss in their presence on pain of death. I remember letting one slip once while I was in high school and the "EXCUSE ME?," followed by a quick revision.
    Once I moved out, I was shocked at the quick transition to "we're all adults, use what works." I still get dirty looks from Mom if I let too many of them fall in too rapid of succession, but Dad keeps pace with me.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

My parents are depressingly respectable. Combined I don't think I have heard them swear more than 5 times or so in my entire life. Truth-be-told I think I swore once perhaps twice before going to college. College+Army+dealing with morons...well, lets say I am making up for lost time.