Page 744 of 1073 FirstFirst ... 244644694734742743744745746754794844 ... LastLast
Results 7,431 to 7,440 of 10730

Thread: <Insert Bacon Here> One fat (guy's) primal journal page 744

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    Considering your area of the world, it should be pretty easy for you to use the mesophilic yogurt cultures (room-temp incubation) that Cori has spoken of to me and in other threads.
    Viili Yogurt Starter | Make Homemade Yogurt with a Viili Culture
    Got the link to work at home. Awesomeness abounds. Thanks.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    In my attempt to entertain you...
    Dinner:

Flank steak: soaked in a quickly thrown together simple bath of stout, ponzu, and Bragg's ACV. Actually a pretty tasty combo.
    I went simple because the theme tonight is Chimichurri!
    A whole bunch of parsley and half a bunch of cilantro, in the processor... wizzz.
    Followed by:
    3/4 c EVOO, 1/4 c red wine vinegar, juice of 1/4 lemon, a whole head of garlic- rough chopped, a handful of fresh oregano tips and leaves, a tsp or so of fresh cracked pepper blend with coriander seed added, pinch of sea salt... and a whole jalepeno pepper(except the stem of course).
    Wizzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

Yeah, I know jalpenos don't "go" in chimichurri... whatever! It's delicious, and it's green. It really works to take the churri up a notch. Though next time I either need to get a serano, or two jalepenos... it wasn't quite as piquant as I would have wished.

Pile o' thinly sliced med-rare Meat, lots of GarlickyGreenSauce... cold crunchy salad of romaine, juliene carrots, yellow bell peppers, and tomato... with a creamy homemade dressing all 'Churried up!

Oh, and lots of Churri left over for other things later this week. Winning.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

That sounds great and I fully support the jalepeno addition. Did you use toast the coriander seeds? Perhaps it is just me but I love the freaking smell. I had left over ribs and eggplant lamb lasagne, but frankly, I should have come to your house for dinner

Keep these food updates coming. Loving them.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    I dry skillet toast seeds(small sauce pan for small amounts so they don't fly around)... just keep them moving via the shuffle.
    When I mix stuff with peppercorns, always multi-colored blend, everything gets a little toast and then it gets put in my short grinder. Next time I make Churri I think I'll put a pinch of cumin seed in there too... just because a hint would be nice.

My big vintage grinder just gets the blend all the time.
    I'm a fresh ground pepper fanatic. If it's not fresh... it's not pepper. It's a LIE!

I should probably start posting the nightly food update over in my own neglected Journal and make you read it there. LOL
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Quote Originally Posted by cori93437 View Post
    I dry skillet toast seeds... just keep them moving via the shuffle.
    When I mix stuff with peppercorns, always multi-colored blend, everything gets a little toast and then it gets put in my short grinder. Next time I make Churri I think I'll put a pinch of cumin seed in there too... just because a hint would be nice.

My big vintage grinder just gets the blend all the time.
    I'm a fresh ground pepper fanatic. If it's not fresh... it's not pepper. It's a LIE!

I should probably start posting the nightly food update over in my own neglected Journal and make you read it there. LOL
    LOL You probably should. So yeah...next time I am in Florida I am so inviting myself over for dinner

RMS123 is offline Senior Member
    ^ Agreed. [I know we don't know eachother, but I'm sure we can become friends]

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    ^Yup next time I'm in Sarasota. I am going to visit Cori, DH and the dogs...if she'll have me. (No, you don't have to cook for me, I just want to meet you.)

I need to win the lottery so I can finance a get together. Note to self...play the lottery. Scratch that...play the lottery and win.

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Hell, if we're having a lotto win get together, Canio, Cori and I cook, Pebbles shows off her dance moves, NW brings dessert, Geo, Jen, and everybody starts talk and don't shut up. It'd be the party of a fucking lifetime.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    Oh hell yes. I would make Hulky learn gluten-free baking from scratch with me and we would bake up a STORM.

Pebbles is totally teaching us how to dance.

And there will be karaoke.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).