Page 743 of 1073 FirstFirst ... 243643693733741742743744745753793843 ... LastLast
Results 7,421 to 7,430 of 10727

Thread: <Insert Bacon Here> One fat (guy's) primal journal page 743

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Which reminds me...
    I'm making my second batch of this Ginger Beer Concentrate Recipe - Cookie and Kate today.
    It's SOOOO good!
    I love it's gingery goodness.

I drink it in just plain old iced water though, not carbonated... as I can't really tasted "bubbles" anyway. That's a weird side effect of my medication.
    I also add a few drops of liquid vanilla stevia.
    Hot citrus gingery, hint of vanilla, bliss.

I added some of this ginger concentrate to my shark marinade last night too, the last Tbsp I had after making a drink.
    It's really handy to have for adding to things like that!
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    Considering your area of the world, it should be pretty easy for you to use the mesophilic yogurt cultures (room-temp incubation) that Cori has spoken of to me and in other threads.
    Viili Yogurt Starter | Make Homemade Yogurt with a Viili Culture
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Holy Moses on a pogo stick...I love me some ginger beer.

You, m'lady, are awesome.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    Considering your area of the world, it should be pretty easy for you to use the mesophilic yogurt cultures (room-temp incubation) that Cori has spoken of to me and in other threads.
    Viili Yogurt Starter | Make Homemade Yogurt with a Viili Culture
    bleh, link wont load at work. I will check it out when I get home. Thanks!

now, how do I stop myself from eating 2 quarts at a time? willpower...we don't need no stinking willpower...
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    Holy Moses on a pogo stick...I love me some ginger beer.

You, m'lady, are awesome.
    I have to tell you... it's nothing like sweet.
    It's citrusy and hot and amazing. And very ADULT tasting.
    But nothing like ginger ale, or even the ginger beers in bottles that are hot but really sweet.
    Though I suppose you could really up the sugar in that recipe to get it that way.

Making exactly HALF that recipe fills a glass 750ml Perrier bottle about 3/4 full when made with organic sucanat as the sugar option.
    That's how I store it in the fridge.
    I add a shot glass of that to a big glass of iced water and a little dab of vanilla stevia and enjoy... sometimes I muddle in some mint. Excellent!
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche

Quote Originally Posted by cori93437 View Post
    I have to tell you... it's nothing like sweet.
    It's citrusy and hot and amazing. And very ADULT tasting.
    But nothing like ginger ale, or even the ginger beers in bottles that are hot but really sweet.
    Though I suppose you could really up the sugar in that recipe to get it that way.
    I like ginger for the burn. The sweet is definitely secondary. And ginger ale is useful for one thing only - drinking on planes if they have no coffee.

Looks like I have two projects this weekend. Woot woot!

Ok... you are going to LOVE that stuff.

Also, the thing about me and yogurts and kefirs (both milk and water, which have more probiotic bacterias in them than yogurts) is that the more often I eat them, the less I ever feel like eating a LOT.

I generally have a little of this and that every day.
    I'm mostly on kefirs now. Though I do always have some yogurt in the fridge too.
    But a cup of water kefir early in the day, and a "dessert" little coffee cup of whole milk kefir that is bumped with a little cream, add a dot of vanilla bean paste for flavor, and I never feel like more.

When I eat some of my greek yogurt I eat it off the spoon from the container... a few bites at a time.

I think it has to do with happy gutz.
    Last edited by cori93437; 06-07-2013 at 11:28 AM.
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche

Ok... you are going to LOVE that stuff.
    sadly my first thought was "do I have to dilute it?" I fully expect 3rd degree ginger burns and an emergency trip to the ENT.

Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    sadly my first thought was "do I have to dilute it?" I fully expect 3rd degree ginger burns and an emergency trip to the ENT.
    My favorite "candy" is candied ginger pieces.
    I LOVE them!
    I buy the store shelves clean when they go on cheapo clearence after the Christmas baking season!
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche

PrimalCon New York
    My favorite "candy" is candied ginger pieces.
    I LOVE them!
    I buy the store shelves clean when they go on cheapo clearence after the Christmas baking season!
    Okay, I am now pretty sure we are twins. (You being the smart, good looking twin; me being Danny DeVito but still...twins)