Page 730 of 1095 FirstFirst ... 230630680720728729730731732740780830 ... LastLast
Results 7,291 to 7,300 of 10944

Thread: <Insert Bacon Here> One fat (guy's) primal journal page 730

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Thanks nameless. It would be mostly papergoods I think with meat if there is a great deal and I have the freezer space. I eat CAFO meat, as getting grassfed around here is very expensive. Though, if Costco has it reasonably priced that might be a good way to go. Hmm.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    Any friends with memberships? You could tag along to check out prices. I know BJ's will let you do a one-day pass thing if you don't have a membership, not sure if Costco has the equivalent.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    Any friends with memberships? You could tag along to check out prices. I know BJ's will let you do a one-day pass thing if you don't have a membership, not sure if Costco has the equivalent.
    Sadly no. I am lacking in friends with memberships and benefits... :P
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

marcadav is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    Thanks nameless. It would be mostly papergoods I think with meat if there is a great deal and I have the freezer space. I eat CAFO meat, as getting grassfed around here is very expensive. Though, if Costco has it reasonably priced that might be a good way to go. Hmm.
    By paper goods do you mean toilet paper, paper towels, etc.? If so, I saw a show recently where they showed those things being cheaper at the grocery store at certain times of the month. Even cheaper when they are on sale and you have a coupon.

Quote Originally Posted by marcadav View Post
    By paper goods do you mean toilet paper, paper towels, etc.? If so, I saw a show recently where they showed those things being cheaper at the grocery store at certain times of the month. Even cheaper when they are on sale and you have a coupon.
    Yup, that is exactly what I meant. Well, that answers that question. Thanks!

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by marcadav View Post
    That's what I mean (the only paper goods we use, since trash bags are not technically paper but seem to fall in that category of things-to-use-but-not-eat). My trashbags are about $0.14/ea if I use one a week and the box lasts me two years. If I found sales AND a coupon, I feel like it'd be hard to get them THAT cheap. Maybe I just don't coupon effectively. I won't need more for more than 6 months anyway =P Toilet paper is a whole 'nother thing though...
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    We are Sam's Club members. I find that we end up spending more money because everything feels like a good deal, so one buys stuff you might not normally buy. We do get good deals on Paper goods and trash bags and we got a great mattress once.

Hmm...that would be counter productive especially given my lack of storage space. Oh well, it was a fun idea while it lasted. Thanks for the help P (and everyone else of course)

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    When son lived at home we were BJ's members... since he moved out we let it lapse.

We bought meat. (feeding our son was like feeding 2-3 extra people! LOL)
    Not having a huge freezer was not a problem as our upright fridge allowed for storage or some large items portioned. Such as buying whole pork loins and cutting them. Buying bags of IQF Bnls/Sknls chicken breasts and packs of bone and skin on chicken breasts.
    I'd also buy whole beef rounds and roast beef them then slice and freeze for lunch meat.
    As long as I arranged things carefully it all fit in the bottom drawer freezer of a large side by side.
    Of course... my BJs wasn't an hour away either. It's just a few minutes away but I still no longer shop there because I don't see any benefit in paying a yearly fee anymore since we don't need to purchase food as often, and they don't have as good a selection of organic that I prefer.

We also bought paper products, but storage.. meh.

I have found that by shopping sales I do just as well on paper things and bags.
    And I switched to going to the butcher shop for most of our meats... we really spend the same money for food I suppose transitioning from feeding the bottomless pit of gigantor teen football dude to just the two of us on organic, so I don't really "feel" the hit.
    Last edited by cori93437; 05-29-2013 at 11:32 AM.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    I'm considering a Costco membership. SIL and I are planning to scope it out in the near future.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)