Page 729 of 1090 FirstFirst ... 229629679719727728729730731739779829 ... LastLast
Results 7,281 to 7,290 of 10893

Thread: <Insert Bacon Here> One fat (guy's) primal journal page 729

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    What gets me is the completely selective bias... like one particular dude's constant stating of "fact" that only cold water fish is fatty (PUFAs)and in warm water fish is ALL very low fat, so that the so super health of the Kitavans must be from eating almost no fat/PUFAS. I have pointed out more than once to him that many species of fish that are caught on the coast in trop/sub-trop are just as high and even higher in fat than cold water species (pompano, wahoo, mackerel)... he ignores it and uses the same argument again a few weeks later.

It's kind of ridiculous, and that's the kind of ortho I'm talking about.
    Whenever he's on the losing end of an argument he pulls out his "just eat real food"...
    He should pay more attention to that. *nods*.

I stay in the realms on HFLC because my brain says so.
    I don't ortho it, I don't measure amounts or anything... I know where balance is and my brain lets me know if I'm getting a little generous with my carbs...
    But REAL FOODS... all of them.
    I'm not afraid of any of it. 'Cept wheat/grains... and since I have 2 autoimmune diseases I'm not so much afraid of it as I HATE it.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

canio6 is online now Senior Member
    So he is a moron...yeah, there should be a way to tag people as such.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

Well, yesterday was a good day. It started with a rare Wonder Woman sighting, which is always a plus. I left work after half a day and spent time with K up in Tucson. We hit a Middle Eastern market and the Sausage Shop to load up on good food and I tossed some on the grill when we got home. Then I did some PvP on Eve. All in all quite a fun day.

Hopefully today will be as good. We shall see
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    The only thing I CAN'T have is cottonseed oil, and that's because I hate migraines. I avoid other things, but there's a hell of a difference between "avoid" and "it shall never pass my lips!" "It shall never pass my lips" means that's all I think about. Avoid means it's only on my radar because I'm trying to stay away from it. "Never" is a computer rig that I'm drooling over, "avoid" is a snake. I don't sweat it. I get bitten occasionally and learn from the pain.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Well, when you know a food will have a definite effect that makes sense to avoid it. Migraines suck. I am sure gluten sucks for those who are celliac etc. However, there are far too many 'healthy' primal folks who run screaming at the sight of a piece of fruit because "OMG CARBS!"

Case and point, a poster earlier (who has a body many people would envy) said she feels guilty when eating fruit. Really? WTF?

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    I can guess... and just let me say two words. Eating disordered.
    Sorry, but I think that pretty much sums it up.
    Not eating disordered as in needs to be in a hospital anorexic... but likely needs some sort of therapy.
    I think I've see those posts with regularity for well over a year.

I'm HFLC for a brain disease and I have no guilt whatsoever about some fruit.
    I'll get a bloody headache if I overdo it... but ZERO guilt.
    Hell, I ate a quarter of a watermelon a couple of nights ago.
    (I did a smart thing and tried taking an extra dose of med to offset the boosted water retention from the sugar... worked! Only a mild headache. )
    It was Memorial day... what else was I supposed to do.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Guilt doesn't cross my mind when I don't eat right. "This is damn good" and "Omnomnom" usually do. Fruit is not for guilt. Fruit is to enjoy. Sugar and wheat are not for guilt. If they are worth it, then enjoy every little bite. If not, then you've found another food not worth it. Live and learn.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Quote Originally Posted by cori93437 View Post
    I'm HFLC for a brain disease and I have no guilt whatsoever about some fruit.
    I'll get a bloody headache if I overdo it... but ZERO guilt.
    Hell, I ate a quarter of a watermelon a couple of nights ago.
    (I did a smart thing and tried taking an extra dose of med to offset the boosted water retention from the sugar... worked! Only a mild headache. )
    It was Memorial day... what else was I supposed to do.
    Well, good point, what else can you do being memorial day and all

And again, I understand dietary restrictions for legit reasons, which yours obviously is. Hell, I'll even buy into not eating certain foods for religious or taste reasons. I just have issues with healthy people avoiding perfectly natural foods because the mere idea of even looking at a potato/fruit/meat etc might cause their ass to expand exponentially.

Edit: I also understand avoiding foods based on mental issues...meaning, if you know a sugary piece of fruit will cause you to raid the cookie jar, then by all means avoid fruit. Take ice cream for example, if I eat a tablespoon I will eat a pint. So I avoid it...sometimes. >.>

So...Costco, worth it or not?

I'd have to drive to Tucson (about an hour) to go and I do not have a free-standing freezer.

Thoughts?

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    What are you hoping to get from it?

We had a membership for BJ's Wholesale (basically the same thing) and it was good for large bags of frozen veggies, red meat at lower prices than I've found at grocery stores, and HUGE packs of CAFO poultry/pork/beef. I think Costco carries a grass-fed beef brand at a pretty good price, but I don't know if it's just ground or if they have other cuts available. We also got a 3-pack of Applegate Farm's Sunday Uncured Bacon for $9.99 there, which is a hell of a lot cheaper than any other store. One pack (lb) at Whole Foods is at least $5.99. We spend less on groceries now that we're not exclusively shopping at BJ's because I am shopping sales for meat and we just get the CAFO stuff. Too expensive to buy the real deal

It is cheaper to buy huge packs of paper goods there, unless you are an expert couponer. We bought a box of 200 trash bags about a year and half ago and only just got through the halfway point (vary between 1-2 trash bags per week, barring parties). It was $15, name brand. Obviously, you don't need a freezer for those things.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).