Page 728 of 1099 FirstFirst ... 228628678718726727728729730738778828 ... LastLast
Results 7,271 to 7,280 of 10982

Thread: <Insert Bacon Here> One fat (guy's) primal journal page 728

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    Primal Fuel
    On the stress macro: it's because a lot of people are still coming in with Diet-mode engaged. It takes a while to grow out of that, if one ever does. There are still some "veteran" Primal folks around here that I would say still treat the whole thing like a Diet instead of a diet (as in the way you eat, not a way to achieve weight loss). If that makes sense.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

canio6 is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    On the stress macro: it's because a lot of people are still coming in with Diet-mode engaged. It takes a while to grow out of that, if one ever does. There are still some "veteran" Primal folks around here that I would say still treat the whole thing like a Diet instead of a diet (as in the way you eat, not a way to achieve weight loss). If that makes sense.
    indeed it does. I just need to stop reading those posts. Of course, I say that all the time and never stop.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

drssgchic is offline Senior Member
    WEll, you know, it's like watching a train wreak. Again, and again, and again . . . It's still fascinating.
    http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Originally Posted by TheFastCat: Less is more more or less

And now I have an Etsy store: CattailsandCalendula

skink531 is offline Senior Member
    Dude, I think you were reading the same shit I was reading earlier that led to my ranting. I think I'm going to steal the 4th macro thing and start using it myself(as usual, all my good material comes from you or Patrick). The whole "Diet Mentality" is a big part of the problem. If I ever use the word I mean it simply as the food we are designed to eat, like "a lions diet is a gazelle." I think some of the stress comes from the fact if your on a diet there are things you can't eat. I can eat anything I want. There are things I don't eat. There is a big difference in how you think about it. I'm not denied anything. I eat anything I want. It just so happens that what I want makes me healthy too.
    My blog: My Primal Adventure

"I've come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass...and I'm all out of bubble gum."

ssn679doc is online now Senior Member
    bras???? no, wait I read that wrong.....

Quote Originally Posted by skink531 View Post
    I think some of the stress comes from the fact if your on a diet there are things you can't eat. I can eat anything I want. There are things I don't eat. There is a big difference in how you think about it. I'm not denied anything. I eat anything I want. It just so happens that what I want makes me healthy too.
    Exactly. Life is a journey and sometimes on a journey you stop at a rest area and eat some shitty food. It is all part of life. Also, I have found that when I 'can't have that!" I just want it more. There is a huge difference between "Can't" and "Don't" Very well said indeed.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    So reading through some posts on the nutrition forum it seems to me that many of them are getting far too much of the 4th macro because of their obsession with the first 3. Fat/Protein/Carbs/Stress.

They are so paranoid about the first three that they don't realize they are killing their efforts with the 1,000,000g of stress they are getting. Chill. the. f*ck. out. Eat some real food for a while and see if you just don't feel better. (directed at new folks not those of you who have been figuring this out for a long while now)
    Well said. The whole conversation to follow made me laugh.

I also have a competitive streak. How can I cheat when she hasn't in months?
    I wish Brad was like this...
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Quote Originally Posted by drssgchic View Post
    WEll, you know, it's like watching a train wreak. Again, and again, and again . . . It's still fascinating.
    very true. like rubber necking on the nutritional super highway.

Quote Originally Posted by jenn26point2 View Post
    I wish Brad was like this...
    Yeah, I wish husbands (and wives for skink and co) would get on board. I think they all would feel much happier/healthier.

ssn679doc is online now Senior Member
    Exactly. Life is a journey and sometimes on a journey you stop at a rest area and eat some shitty food. It is all part of life. Also, I have found that when I 'can't have that!" I just want it more. There is a huge difference between "Can't" and "Don't" Very well said indeed.
    ^5 this.... "cant" and "dont" are 2 different things