Page 718 of 1073 FirstFirst ... 218618668708716717718719720728768818 ... LastLast
Results 7,171 to 7,180 of 10727

Thread: <Insert Bacon Here> One fat (guy's) primal journal page 718

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Back when I was in HS, I was in UIL One Act Play. I was playing multiple characters (a waitress, a young hoodlum, and a park cleaner) for this one presentation and ran out on stage for district still wearing the steel toes from the hoodlum and cleaner with my waitress costume. It was pretty obvious. The lead points them out and asks "are those required to work here?" I respond with "no, but it makes it easier to toss out vagabonds like you. Reservation, please" and went on with the show.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    Moments like that are what my high school drama teacher called "picking up the button." He saw a big production of some play and a button fell off someone's costume. It was very obvious to the audience, and one of the actors on stage saw it. They made up an action or a line to make it seem like it was supposed to happen, picked it up, and moved on.
    Nice. It was cool to see they had a sense of humor and could play it off.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    I respond with "no, but it makes it easier to toss out vagabonds like you. Reservation, please" and went on with the show.
    LOL That is awesome. Now tell me that right after that you kicked him with the boot.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Not in show...
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    Not in show...
    haaaa! Exactly what I expected

K hooked me up with an awesome early bday gift - a set of stoneware (red to match my kitchen) and an icecream maker. I've made a promise to myself not to eat crap. That said, I do love me some icecream. I am just not going to waste 500+ calories on shitty icecream. Now I can make my own from scratch. Also, since I will probably only have time once a week or so to make it I do not have to worry about eating it too often. Woot Woot.

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    Badass! Nice gifting, K! I so very much want to make ice cream with the local grassfed milk that Whole Foods carries. It makes excellent yogurt.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    Badass! Nice gifting, K! I so very much want to make ice cream with the local grassfed milk that Whole Foods carries. It makes excellent yogurt.
    I'll let you know how it works out. Amazon has some great sales on Icecream makers at the moment. The one K ordered is usually $110 but was on sale for $55 or $59 or some such.

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    I want an ice cream maker! My parents had one when I was growing up. it was yummo! I'd make ice cream weekly for sure!

That play sounds great! I'd love to start going to the theater (or is it theatre) but I'm sure Brad would not be interested. Not sure anyone I know would be interested...
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

PrimalCon New York
    Quote Originally Posted by jenn26point2 View Post
    I want an ice cream maker! My parents had one when I was growing up. it was yummo! I'd make ice cream weekly for sure!

That play sounds great! I'd love to start going to the theater (or is it theatre) but I'm sure Brad would not be interested. Not sure anyone I know would be interested...
    http://www.amazon.com/Cuisinart-ICE-...ce+cream+maker

is the one K ordered.

This one is the one we use at school (also on sale) : Amazon.com: Cuisinart ICE-30BC Pure Indulgence 2-Quart Automatic Frozen Yogurt, Sorbet, and Ice Cream Maker: Kitchen & Dining

As for the play, it was funny as hell. I am not a huge 'theatre' guy but I appreciate a good comedy. There might be a local improv group or comedic theatre group nearby you could convince Brad to go too.