Page 712 of 1073 FirstFirst ... 212612662702710711712713714722762812 ... LastLast
Results 7,111 to 7,120 of 10730

Thread: <Insert Bacon Here> One fat (guy's) primal journal page 712

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Well, it is Monday. The weekend was relatively uneventful, though I did finally get a grill. I also saw Iron Man 3. It was amusing.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

RMS123 is online now Senior Member
    The grill is a most definite highlight. We love ours...especially in the summer when it's too blasted hot to cook in the house. In this house, we have a gas connection outside that we can plug the grill into. Very nice to not run out in the middle of cooking something (always seemed to be our luck with the propane tank).

geostump is offline Senior Member
    You said Iron Man 3 was amusing. Does that mean good or bad?
    Georgette

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    our next grill will be connected to our house as well. We've looked at many different grills but haven't bought one yet b/c punching through concrete to place a line is kind of a permanent thing, so we want to be sure we've got the grill where we want it for eternity - in other words, we have to build the deck off the back of our house before we'll get one.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

geostump is offline Senior Member
    I'd like to run gas out of the house to hook a grill up to and also heat the garage during winter.
    Georgette

Well, we rent so there is no way to directly tap into the line. As such, we'll have to stick with the tank. As for Iron Man, yes, amusing is good. I was not expecting a great plot so a few chuckles and stuff blowing up works.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

Well, life working for the government keeps getting better. Apparently the furlough happens in July now and we are losing all overtime (including the time we get to draw our weapons and deploy our people). This makes shift changes impossible so they are either making a 4th shift (0200-1000 or some such) or moving all the weapons to the gates. Of course, this will require an alarm system at each gate, a regulation arms room door on each entrance, weapons racks etc at each gate, clearing barrels, and only those with arms room clearance will be able to enter (thus eliminating our 'break room'). All of which would cost more than just paying us the little bit of OT to do an actual weapons draw.

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Huh?

I feel you. We've got a crap ton of stupid in our educational system too. But you already knew that.

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    I'm upset about the furlough be pushed to July (after the holiday, of course) and only being 11 days long.

Your frustration is a valid one. Much more valid than mine.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Quote Originally Posted by jenn26point2 View Post
    I'm upset about the furlough be pushed to July (after the holiday, of course) and only being 11 days long.

Your frustration is a valid one. Much more valid than mine.
    Yeah, furlough in July, and we lose all OT 2nd of June, meaning we have to go to 4 shifts just to cover things because heaven forbid it take more than 2 minutes to get on post. Also, I got issued my new radio today as did all supervisors. The radio cost more than my car. No waste there.