Page 699 of 1094 FirstFirst ... 199599649689697698699700701709749799 ... LastLast
Results 6,981 to 6,990 of 10932

Thread: <Insert Bacon Here> One fat (guy's) primal journal page 699

canio6 is online now Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by ssn679doc View Post
    No, a picture that heavy requires a 2" lag bolt in to a stud..... geesh..... Wait... NOT THAT KIND OF STUD gollygee you are some dirty minded folks! lol....
    You are all wrong. All it requires is large amounts of duct tape and cursing.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    I'm not good at decorating, but I like having stuff on the walls. Just makes the room feel more lived in, to me. Hulky never hung stuff up because he moved a lot as a kid. It was a big moment when we hung a poster up together (a free poster for a game called Monday Night Combat haha) and he chose the spot . I just need to have my sister come and decide where things go. Most of my decor is "old favorites", and mostly posters (Absinthe Robette, Alfonse Mucha's Four Seasons, le Chat Noir), which makes me feel kind of...youthful in a bad way. I had a collage of 8x10" black and white photos that I'd taken and printed on the dining room wall for a while, but I'm not doing analog photography anymore and got tired of them .
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Oh, and painter's tape (the blue kind) makes for excellent poster hanging. Just make rolls/loops in strategic points and voila. Works well on any paint that has a gloss-like finish (eggshell works too, just doesn't work on matte, but who has matte paint? ugh).

I'm not sure K would let me get away with posters. It is worth a try though.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    We've moved beyond posters too. In my dining room, I have landscape pictures - all matching themes - bridges over water or black and white trees with no leaves. I like the lines, I guess. Those are in our dining room/hallway. In the living room, I have pictures of our kids (mostly Brady in collage frames from his first year or two of life b/c I haven't gotten around to changing them out) and a big framed picture of Brad's race car from 2009 (he hung that, I didn't...). Our bedroom has no wall hangings b/c it's not yet painted - moved in over 5 years ago now - room is still exposed dry wall. No paint at all and now needs some repairs b/c the "texture" has gotten rubbed off since it wasn't protected. Makenna's room has sticky flowers and butterflies. Brady's room has regulation racing flags and tons and tons and tons of contingency stickers (stickers shock companies, radiator companies, etc send with their products) and some NASCAR flags on his ceiling. His room is COVERED with stuff on the walls, but it looks cool.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Jenn - it sounds like you have a nice house for the variety of its decoration. I think it is cool when kids get some say/hand in the decorating of their rooms.

I get to choose what goes in the computer room - meaning I get to hang the pictures from WoW my buddy drew and my Cthulu print. The living room etc has to be more mature in nature ie not college/single-dude looking.

Oh, though I did see a cool take on the Chat Noir poster the other day, it was done with the Cheshire Cat and was creepy as f*ck.

I keep thinking "maybe I should get frames for these", but they're just posters and it makes hanging them more difficult . Someday, I'll get some nice photos of me and Hulky and frame & hang those up with some of my own b&w photos, but not at this apartment. This land lady is a jerk and even though she said we could hang stuff, I don't trust her.

Oh my gosh, I need to dig up some old photos of my bedroom over the years. I am such a documenter when it come to photos & my life. I used to take photos of my room before I'd change the arrangement of furniture or decor, and then take After photos too. I'm pretty sure I have some going back to middle school, so there should be photos of my Michael Jackson shrine (no really, looks like an f'ing shrine, I am kind of horrified by that now, but it also makes me laugh in retrospect).

LOL that sounds great Nameless. Find the photos, that sounds awesome.

geostump is online now Senior Member
    I don't have any pics or wall hangings up. Well, old pics of my family are up and some of the girls, but that's it. I'm a minimalist so I don't get into a lot of that stuff. I like to work with paint though. That's my thing.
    Georgette

Quote Originally Posted by geostump View Post
    I like to work with paint though. That's my thing.
    As in the paint on the walls? That can look really nice if done well. sadly, with a rented place my options there are limited.