Page 698 of 1073 FirstFirst ... 198598648688696697698699700708748798 ... LastLast
Results 6,971 to 6,980 of 10730

Thread: <Insert Bacon Here> One fat (guy's) primal journal page 698

geostump is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Glad to see you back!
    Georgette

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Glad the move went well. Don't feel bad about not having anything on the walls. We've been here 5 years in August and only in the past 6 months have we started actually putting nonessentials on the walls (the pan rack and dreamcatchers were up almost a day after we moved in.)
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Thanks Geo and Naiad

Yeah, I am not big in the whole decorating dept and am definitely more function over form, but I can see K's point about it making the place look better. Plus she wants to start having people over, which makes it more important. Apparently this will require me wearing pants. I hate the idea already.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

Crabbcakes is offline Senior Member
    Hey canio! Glad to hear you back, and glad that the move is over.

This has not much to do with anything, but we are very slow to put stuff on the walls, too. Mostly because I pitch a fit if hubby does it without me. But I need to explain... You see, hubby has a decorating aesthetic that does not mesh well with mine. His version of picture hanging goes like this - "See blank wall. Grunt. Must hang stuff. Grunt." So he simply hauls out the framed family photos, a cordless drill, a handful of drywall screws, a stud finder thingy, and just starts drilling and hanging until either the photos or the wall space runs out, whichever comes first. No forethought as to placement, or actually using something that would preserve more of the paint/wallpaper job, or even if another wall would be better for some reason.

I am no interior decorator, but I just like a little more finesse than drywall screws, you know?
    I have a mantra that I have spouted for years... "If I eat right, I feel right. If I feel right, I exercise right. If I exercise right, I think right. If I think right, I eat right..." Phil-SC

jenn26point2 is online now Senior Member
    My husband is also horrible at hanging pictures. He thinks that a 1 lb 8x10 frame requires a drywall screw/anchor assembly, when a small nail would suffice. Now, if I want to move pictures around, I have huge gaping holes where the screws used to be instead of tiny holes from little nails that I can fill with a quick swipe of a finger and a dollop of toothpaste. His holes require freaking drywall screen and spackle!!
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Quote Originally Posted by jenn26point2 View Post
    My husband is also horrible at hanging pictures. He thinks that a 1 lb 8x10 frame requires a drywall screw/anchor assembly, when a small nail would suffice. Now, if I want to move pictures around, I have huge gaping holes where the screws used to be instead of tiny holes from little nails that I can fill with a quick swipe of a finger and a dollop of toothpaste. His holes require freaking drywall screen and spackle!!
    Sweetie, you and I must be sister-wives to the same husband! Ugh!
    I have a mantra that I have spouted for years... "If I eat right, I feel right. If I feel right, I exercise right. If I exercise right, I think right. If I think right, I eat right..." Phil-SC

jenn26point2 is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Crabbcakes View Post
    Sweetie, you and I must be sister-wives to the same husband! Ugh!
    My husband works maintenance in a factory. He's always overcompensating with his fixes to fend off the idiots a bit before they break the machines again. Apparently, he thinks this mentality is also required at home. But, he won't let me put chainlink around my garden to keep out the animals. Go figure.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

My husband works maintenance in a factory. He's always overcompensating with his fixes to fend off the idiots a bit before they break the machines again. Apparently, he thinks this mentality is also required at home. But, he won't let me put chainlink around my garden to keep out the animals. Go figure.
    Dunno' where mine got his sensibilities - he has a degree in chemistry, and currently writes computer programs for the environmental industry when he isn't managing enviro projects for his company. Seat-bound brainiac, he mostly is.

Mine won't let me get a used semi rim for our fire pit. He thinks it looks trashy. Do you know where I live?!?! Most folks places out here are a cross between a junkyard, trash dump, used mobile home lot, and open toxic waste field. And - our firepit sits out of sight of anything and everything behind our rural, woods-bound house. Harrumph. He once got me a dainty little metal fire ring with cute cutouts of moons and stars in it. I had it reduced to rust in no time, just from the heat I produce back there. And yes, he likes a hefty fire, too.

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Oh, I am the wall-hanging master. I just do not see the point of putting things on a wall. That said, the point very well might end up being keeping the wife happy, which is the point of having a wife afterall.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

ssn679doc is offline Senior Member
    No, a picture that heavy requires a 2" lag bolt in to a stud..... geesh..... Wait... NOT THAT KIND OF STUD gollygee you are some dirty minded folks! lol....