Page 678 of 1073 FirstFirst ... 178578628668676677678679680688728778 ... LastLast
Results 6,771 to 6,780 of 10730

Thread: <Insert Bacon Here> One fat (guy's) primal journal page 678

geostump is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Hey, at least it wasn't Alaska. You at least get the warm.
    Georgette

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by geostump View Post
    Hey, at least it wasn't Alaska. You at least get the warm.
    Actually, everyone says that Alaska is a great duty station. I am not sure I believe them, but, seriously, I have not heard one bad word about it.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

ssn679doc is online now Senior Member
    holycrap I LOVE fairy tales with a happy ending!

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Thanks Jon, great story. Lot's of action and humor.

Since you are talkative today...Tell us how you met K.

Quote Originally Posted by ssn679doc View Post
    holycrap I LOVE fairy tales with a happy ending!
    Well, the combat boot fit and Prince Charming, uh, Uncle Sam, said I was the one.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

Kymma is offline Senior Member
    Jon, the SE is a pit too. I guess a lot of places are. I wouldn't mind Nashville or Atlanta at this point as a launching pad to San Fran or Portland, although I am also thinking expat sounds pretty awesome sauce. Maybe go and teach English somewhere for a few years. Who knows? I miss NYC (lived there from 98-02, but the cost, the winters, the hard living that is NYC, nah, not so much. I think I made up my mind when I lived there and if you made 100k, you owed the state 13k in taxes, that I could live somewhere else and take my 13k (I don't make that kind of $, but it's fun to dream) and have a Hangover Part 3 style weekend once a year instead. Oh yeah, and a brownstone in Harlem is a cool mill or more, so yeah...

ssn679doc is online now Senior Member
    Careful with those Uncle sugars..... diabetes an all

Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    Thanks Jon, great story. Lot's of action and humor.

Since you are talkative today...Tell us how you met K.
    Action and humor are two of the Army values...well, okay, perhaps not.

I met K on the internet many moons ago around 1996 or 1997. We had similar interests and became friends. She married an American as did I and that was that. We stayed friends and all was good. Well, my marriage went to shit partly due to the Army and partly due to other factors and K's husband passed away. Timing was right and viola.

We get along really well, and honestly seem perfect for each other. We both have strengths/weaknesses which support/benefit from the other, and we still have similar interests.

No action or humor involved...sorry.

geostump is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    Actually, everyone says that Alaska is a great duty station. I am not sure I believe them, but, seriously, I have not heard one bad word about it.
    I've heard this from a few army brats that were born in AK. They want to get back there.

A good friend of mine from high school is in the Navy and stationed in NC. He's a helicopter mechanic and when he retires next year, he's thinking of coming back here or moving to Belgium. His ex works for NATO in Belgium and has his kids with her.
    Georgette

Quote Originally Posted by Kymma View Post
    Jon, the SE is a pit too. I guess a lot of places are. I wouldn't mind Nashville or Atlanta at this point as a launching pad to San Fran or Portland, although I am also thinking expat sounds pretty awesome sauce. Maybe go and teach English somewhere for a few years. Who knows? I miss NYC (lived there from 98-02, but the cost, the winters, the hard living that is NYC, nah, not so much. I think I made up my mind when I lived there and if you made 100k, you owed the state 13k in taxes, that I could live somewhere else and take my 13k (I don't make that kind of $, but it's fun to dream) and have a Hangover Part 3 style weekend once a year instead. Oh yeah, and a brownstone in Harlem is a cool mill or more, so yeah...
    I am far too conservative to move to Portland or SF, plus cost of living in SF is insane. Not that I care what others do as a lifestyle, I just hate the politics. Another reason I need to avoid the Northeast. Then again, the religiousness of people irritates me in the SE so perhaps I am screwed no matter what. I really dislike states that have an income tax. I mean, AZ has an income tax and a sales tax. How the hell did the morons here (and elsewhere) let politicians get away with that?