Page 654 of 1073 FirstFirst ... 154554604644652653654655656664704754 ... LastLast
Results 6,531 to 6,540 of 10730

Thread: <Insert Bacon Here> One fat (guy's) primal journal page 654

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by ssn679doc View Post
    hmmmmm my tax dollars at work..... lol
    Hey, I am being told by the government that I can do my job in 4 days a week come furlough time. I might as well start early. It is called being proactive.

somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

geostump is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    True. Though I hear the DoT allows dancing.
    Actually, I have seen ODoT workers dancing in the streets. My sophomore history teacher used to work for ODoT on summer break and she was the chick with the flag and would literally dance while working. Apparently, getting a farmers tan and the ability to dance in the streets are ODoT work requirements.
    Georgette

Crabbcakes is offline Senior Member
    Huh, religious discussions that do not use the words "Whore-painted Strumpet" or "Closed-minded Bible Humper" just don't seem worthwhile.

I mean, good on you for being mature and all, but gheesh, talk about anti-climatic.
    Still giggling! Love your choices, there...! I had a semi-argument with a German coworker back in Frankfurt once about whose language was the most beautiful - German or English. We both refused to budge a millimeter. But I have to tell you, there cannot possibly be a language as flexible and amenable as this one to effortlessly create nasty labels, insults, put-downs, double-entendres, digs... No matter what that educated, passionate Kraut I once knew might think.
    I have a mantra that I have spouted for years... "If I eat right, I feel right. If I feel right, I exercise right. If I exercise right, I think right. If I think right, I eat right..." Phil-SC

Quote Originally Posted by geostump View Post
    Apparently, getting a farmers tan and the ability to dance in the streets are ODoT work requirements.
    So my lack of rhythm eliminates another job possibility. le sigh.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

Quote Originally Posted by Crabbcakes View Post
    Still giggling! Love your choices, there...! I had a semi-argument with a German coworker back in Frankfurt once about whose language was the most beautiful - German or English. We both refused to budge a millimeter. But I have to tell you, there cannot possibly be a language as flexible and amenable as this one to effortlessly create nasty labels, insults, put-downs, double-entendres, digs... No matter what that educated, passionate Kraut I once knew might think.
    LOL Nice. Good on you for sticking up for the home team. As for the rest, well, I'd have far less conversations if double-entendres didn't exist.

Huh, religious discussions that do not use the words "Whore-painted Strumpet" or "Closed-minded Bible Humper" just don't seem worthwhile.

I mean, good on you for being mature and all, but gheesh, talk about anti-climatic.
    Our bible-thumpers around here are the Church of Christ folks, or the COC mafia as I like to call them. The Baptists are OK, I guess, but they don't recognize each other at the beer store. I'm Methodist, we carpool there.
    If I just said LOL, I lied. Do or do not. There is no try.

Quote Originally Posted by justyouraveragecavemen View Post
    The Baptists are OK, I guess, but they don't recognize each other at the beer store. I'm Methodist, we carpool there.
    LOL. That sounds about right.

Hey, I am being told by the government that I can do my job in 4 days a week come furlough time. I might as well start early. It is called being proactive.

Yep, get some practice in.

A friend of ours is being forloughed next week and how they are doing the furlough is like this. They are dividing the dept in half. One week, half the dept gets a 4-day weekend and the following week, they flip. Our friend is made cause he is supposed to retire next year and the furlough could push his retirement back a few months or whatever.
    Georgette

So my lack of rhythm eliminates another job possibility. le sigh.
    I suffer from the same condition. Maybe we could start the ODoT Ministry of Funny Walks?
    Georgette

Crabbcakes is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by justyouraveragecavemen View Post
    Our bible-thumpers around here are the Church of Christ folks, or the COC mafia as I like to call them. The Baptists are OK, I guess, but they don't recognize each other at the beer store. I'm Methodist, we carpool there.
    The UUs just have beer tasting night at the minister's house. And just so you tell me that it don't happen, we did just that a year ago, with tasting cards and all of that fancy stuff. Tons of microbrews... hubby had fun! I drove him home after.
    I have a mantra that I have spouted for years... "If I eat right, I feel right. If I feel right, I exercise right. If I exercise right, I think right. If I think right, I eat right..." Phil-SC