Page 653 of 1073 FirstFirst ... 153553603643651652653654655663703753 ... LastLast
Results 6,521 to 6,530 of 10727

Thread: <Insert Bacon Here> One fat (guy's) primal journal page 653

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    Honestly, I'd show up. Especially if the great prophet Canio was there.
    Oh, if I started a church I would expect to profit greatly...I mean... >.>

somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Oy! Read the spelling! I ain't paying anybody as freaking dime!
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Oy! Read the spelling! I ain't paying anybody as freaking dime!
    I weep for your soul.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

Crabbcakes is offline Senior Member
    At that point, I was of no faith in particular. I wasn't comfortable with it. I was amenable to learning, but not being preached at by a blind follower. I pointed out the questions I had never gotten answered that were the reason I had left the church and told her as much. I have pointed out said questions to many others and they remained comfortable in their faith because they had done their own questioning and gotten out clean in their faith on the other side. She had never questioned any of it ever.
    I read the intro to a Christian book once, and it never left me. It pretty much said that a place of questioning is a desirable place to be because that meant that your heart and mind were engaged, and you are open to growth. However you want to interpret that, I found it very nice.
    I have a mantra that I have spouted for years... "If I eat right, I feel right. If I feel right, I exercise right. If I exercise right, I think right. If I think right, I eat right..." Phil-SC

At that point, I was of no faith in particular. I wasn't comfortable with it. I was amenable to learning, but not being preached at by a blind follower. I pointed out the questions I had never gotten answered that were the reason I had left the church and told her as much. I have pointed out said questions to many others and they remained comfortable in their faith because they had done their own questioning and gotten out clean in their faith on the other side. She had never questioned any of it ever.
    From the first post containing the conversation I got the vibe you said all those things condescending like, I apologize. If you asked questions and she couldn't answer maybe you shook her enough to find out those answers.
    If I just said LOL, I lied. Do or do not. There is no try.

I do like that, Crabb. That's essentially the way I see it: the only way to grow is to question. To lie stagnant is to grow dank, mossy, and inflexible. I questioned my way out of most faiths and into one I cobbled together that sounded right.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Quote Originally Posted by justyouraveragecavemen View Post
    From the first post containing the conversation I got the vibe you said all those things condescending like, I apologize. If you asked questions and she couldn't answer maybe you shook her enough to find out those answers.
    My first couple responses was rather flippant, from there it got more serious. We ended the conversation with "I hope you find your answers." "Yeah, you too."
    My Primal Battle Tome

Huh, religious discussions that do not use the words "Whore-painted Strumpet" or "Closed-minded Bible Humper" just don't seem worthwhile.

I mean, good on you for being mature and all, but gheesh, talk about anti-climatic.

Oh, I've had a few of the name caller ones, but those don't stick in the memory as well.
    My Primal Battle Tome

ssn679doc is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jenn26point2 View Post
    haha this is funny...

Hey, Jon, have you noticed that we're both govmint employees and we spend a LOT of time on here?? Maybe we should get to work or something so people don't start doggin' on us like they are the DoT workers... lol
    hmmmmm my tax dollars at work..... lol