Page 652 of 1073 FirstFirst ... 152552602642650651652653654662702752 ... LastLast
Results 6,511 to 6,520 of 10727

Thread: <Insert Bacon Here> One fat (guy's) primal journal page 652

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by jenn26point2 View Post
    haha this is funny...

Hey, Jon, have you noticed that we're both govmint employees and we spend a LOT of time on here?? Maybe we should get to work or something so people don't start doggin' on us like they are the DoT workers... lol
    Well, to be fair, I am one of the 3 supervisors, so I am doing what I am supposed to be doing

Actually, I am multi-tasking. So believe it or not, work is getting done
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

Quote Originally Posted by Crabbcakes View Post
    Some wives are just that way when it comes to military service - have never found the cure for that.
    Divorce?
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    I went to a Baptist church with a friend once. I was listening to the "music" and asked when they were sing hymns. "These are hymns." Ummm... what? Later, I asked when the Eucharist was. "What's that?" "Communion." "Oh, we don't do that primitive practice." Wait, hold the phone, WTF?! Then the sermon was all about how god hates everyone that's not of this particular sect of Baptist.
    I never went back.
    That is odd. We sang hymns when I went to S. Baptist Church. Then again, there are as many protestant denominations as there are theories on weight loss so....

Crabbcakes is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    Divorce?
    That, or not re-upping. Which is what my friend's husband did - got out. But he didn't want to be career anyway. It was really, really good for him tho, all considered. He had a sweet gig - he got kicked out of Cornell, at that point his parents cut the line just to teach him a lesson, so he went in for the college money. Being smart and all, he went to the 97th General Hospital in Frankfurt and worked in the lab. No standing in the desert for him. And STILL she bitched heartily.
    I have a mantra that I have spouted for years... "If I eat right, I feel right. If I feel right, I exercise right. If I exercise right, I think right. If I think right, I eat right..." Phil-SC

Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    If she had been comfortable in her faith, our conversation would not have knocked it out from beneath her.
    If you were comfortable in your faith would you have felt the need to make her question hers?
    If I just said LOL, I lied. Do or do not. There is no try.

Crabbcakes is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jenn26point2 View Post
    haha this is funny...

Hey, Jon, have you noticed that we're both govmint employees and we spend a LOT of time on here?? Maybe we should get to work or something so people don't start doggin' on us like they are the DoT workers... lol
    It doesn't count if we, the other end of the conversation, like you. Or if you just happen to be canio - rock star that he is.
    I have a mantra that I have spouted for years... "If I eat right, I feel right. If I feel right, I exercise right. If I exercise right, I think right. If I think right, I eat right..." Phil-SC

Quote Originally Posted by Crabbcakes View Post
    It doesn't count if we, the other end of the conversation, like you. Or if you just happen to be canio - rock star that he is.
    I'm not sure if answering stupid questions, sending emails, and posting here at the same time makes me a rock star. It might qualify as the lamest superpower ever though.

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by justyouraveragecavemen View Post
    If you were comfortable in your faith would you have felt the need to make her question hers?
    At that point, I was of no faith in particular. I wasn't comfortable with it. I was amenable to learning, but not being preached at by a blind follower. I pointed out the questions I had never gotten answered that were the reason I had left the church and told her as much. I have pointed out said questions to many others and they remained comfortable in their faith because they had done their own questioning and gotten out clean in their faith on the other side. She had never questioned any of it ever.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Hmmm...I wonder if church was run like a picnic if it would be fun.

Welcome to the first church of Canio...here is your body of Christ (nice loaf of fresh bread), here is your blood of Christ (bottle of wine) and here are some fishes because you know...miracles. Now, go hang out in the sun on a blanket and enjoy what God created.

Not primal, but I might show up most weeks

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Honestly, I'd show up. Especially if the great prophet Canio was there.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome