Page 651 of 1073 FirstFirst ... 151551601641649650651652653661701751 ... LastLast
Results 6,501 to 6,510 of 10727

Thread: <Insert Bacon Here> One fat (guy's) primal journal page 651

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    ...Half an hour later I had her questioning her faith.
    Nice.

Honestly, I like church. I love churches also, especially old ones. I just dislike the fact that other people tend to want to show up. I stopped going to church because the people annoy the shit out of me. Oh, and because modern church music is about as appealing as being tazed in the nuts.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

jenn26point2 is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post

No exemptions for emergency personnel as "If you can take leave you can get furloughed."

Well, soldiers get 30 days leave a year so....

Good times
    w0rd...

So it is black history month. I wont say African-American history month because it does not apply to persons from Africa who happen to be white. Also, most 'African-Americans' have not been to Africa in about 6+ generations and frankly are simply Americans. That said, it is black history month.
    Love this!!

Quote Originally Posted by Crabbcakes View Post
    Pepper spray and stuff? Probs not applicable, but it made me think of this...

Back when, one of my high school friends went into the Army. He said that they had to go through this building/room thingy that had some kind(s) of gases in it as part of gas attack training. This guy said everybody got literally foot-long booger and snot ropes hanging from their sinuses from the action of the gas. My friend has horrible year-round allergies, and said that was the first time in years that he was truly able to breathe completely freely through the nose. Harsh treatment, but it worked.

His wife, not being inured to the life of a serviceman, was ready to sue the government (it was all I could do not to laugh, but I managed it because she is an awesome best friend) for abusive training methods. She ranted the same way when he went off to play war games with laser tag vests and threw himself down a hill in order not to get hit and dinged himself some. And when he didn't get his leave EXACTLY when told - that time, she tried to call her senator about it. Good thing he wasn't career - she would have mucked up every promotion, probably.
    Gas chamber SUCKED BALLS!! And yes, she probably would have ruined his career.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Crabbcakes is offline Senior Member
    Nice.

Honestly, I like church. I love churches also, especially old ones. I just dislike the fact that other people tend to want to show up. I stopped going to church because the people annoy the shit out of me. Oh, and because modern church music is about as appealing as being tazed in the nuts.
    I essentially like church, too. So would that happen to be the kind where the people repeat four bars of the same thing to a rock beat whilst shouting out "glory to God!" for seven minutes continuously?
    I have a mantra that I have spouted for years... "If I eat right, I feel right. If I feel right, I exercise right. If I exercise right, I think right. If I think right, I eat right..." Phil-SC

Quote Originally Posted by jenn26point2 View Post
    Gas chamber SUCKED BALLS!! And yes, she probably would have ruined his career.
    LOL I always like the CS Chamber. Of course, I am a little odd. As for that dude's wife, holy snikes. That would have been a nightmare. We had one dude's wife show up in our Commander's office to demand that her husband not deploy. Oh yeah, that made things soooo much better for him. Have I mentioned how much I love Army wives?

*disclaimer...not YOU if you are an Army wife or YOUR wife if you are married to one. I am sure you/yours is perfect.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

Quote Originally Posted by Crabbcakes View Post
    So would that happen to be the kind where the people repeat four bars of the same thing to a rock beat whilst shouting out "glory to God!" for seven minutes continuously?
    *shudder*

jenn26point2 is online now Senior Member
    Have I mentioned how much I love Army wives?

*disclaimer...not YOU if you are an Army wife or YOUR wife if you are married to one. I am sure you/yours is perfect.
    haha this is funny...

Hey, Jon, have you noticed that we're both govmint employees and we spend a LOT of time on here?? Maybe we should get to work or something so people don't start doggin' on us like they are the DoT workers... lol
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

naiadknight is offline Senior Member
    I went to a Baptist church with a friend once. I was listening to the "music" and asked when they were sing hymns. "These are hymns." Ummm... what? Later, I asked when the Eucharist was. "What's that?" "Communion." "Oh, we don't do that primitive practice." Wait, hold the phone, WTF?! Then the sermon was all about how god hates everyone that's not of this particular sect of Baptist.
    I never went back.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    She heard me say " Ye flipping gods!" and said with a completely straight face "GOD doesn't flip."
    I respond with "Your god might not, but mine do."
    "You don't believe in god?"
    "I sure do, but it's godS, plural."
    "So you don't know abut Jesus, Our Holy Savior?"
    "I was Episcopaian. I know more than most do."
    "You rejected GOD? Oh, honey, you need to take him back into your heart or you won't go to heaven."
    "Which version? Nirvana? the Elysian Fields? Clouds and harps? straight up death?"
    "There's only one version of Heaven."
    "Not according to my research."
    Half an hour later I had her questioning her faith.
    So you essentially destroyed what has given that lady comfort and hope her entire life?
    If I just said LOL, I lied. Do or do not. There is no try.

naiadknight is offline Senior Member
    If she had been comfortable in her faith, our conversation would not have knocked it out from beneath her.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Crabbcakes is offline Senior Member
    LOL I always like the CS Chamber. Of course, I am a little odd. As for that dude's wife, holy snikes. That would have been a nightmare. We had one dude's wife show up in our Commander's office to demand that her husband not deploy. Oh yeah, that made things soooo much better for him. Have I mentioned how much I love Army?.
    My friend just truly, deeply and in no way understood that her beloved had sold his soul for four years. I tried to explain it in multiple fashions, but it just deflected off of her head and went zinging off into outer space. Some wives are just that way when it comes to military service - have never found the cure for that.
    I have a mantra that I have spouted for years... "If I eat right, I feel right. If I feel right, I exercise right. If I exercise right, I think right. If I think right, I eat right..." Phil-SC