Page 649 of 1088 FirstFirst ... 149549599639647648649650651659699749 ... LastLast
Results 6,481 to 6,490 of 10880

Thread: <Insert Bacon Here> One fat (guy's) primal journal page 649

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    Primal Fuel
    Hulky called his senator when they -I forget the term, but kept him on when he wad supposed to go home- and was very uncomfortable suddenly finding that a lot of people above him knew his name.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    Hulky called his senator when they -I forget the term, but kept him on when he wad supposed to go home- and was very uncomfortable suddenly finding that a lot of people above him knew his name.
    Ah, the wonders of stoploss. Yeah, calling a senator would be jumping the chain-of-command a bit. Good on him for doing it though.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

Quote Originally Posted by Crabbcakes View Post
    Why, thank you! Maybe that's why... But seriously - this was central Texas and Ft Hood in the 70s - if it wasn't the MPs, it was the literalist Southern Baptists and demon possession for opening yourself up to them by sinning in a qwazillion different ways, or it was your elementary school with liberal paddling allowed by the teachers...
    Sounds like fun...or something...
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

Quote Originally Posted by drssgchic View Post
    The whole "we need to save money so let's cut firefighters/cops/teachers" thing always flummoxed me. People would end up better educated, safer, and have no more taxes if we cut some bureaucrats instead.
    Yeah, why don't they say "if we don't pass this bill, we're going to have to lay off those 4 people in the back of the license commissioners office that were talking and laughing while an average caveman stands in line waiting to get his tags renewed and the 4 never-in-a-rush-and-lacking-a-personality-teller-ladies do all the work". Or my favorite "if we don't pass this bill, there won't be anyone to watch that one poor sucker on the road department do all the manual labor".
    If I just said LOL, I lied. Do or do not. There is no try.

I am thinking of writing to Nancy Pelosi to let her know that a paycut would be beneath the dignity of my position, but I doubt she would agree. Apparently that only applies to members of Congress.

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Ah, I see you've met the DOT work chain: 1 guy with a shovel, 12 supervisors, 3 consultants, and one safety guy. It's worse that a freaking Baptist church.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    It's worse that a freaking Baptist church.
    True. Though I hear the DoT allows dancing.

Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    Ah, I see you've met the DOT work chain: 1 guy with a shovel, 12 supervisors, 3 consultants, and one safety guy. It's worse that a freaking Baptist church.
    Around here it's one with a shovel, one on the phone watching, 2 in the truck watching, 2 on the tailgate of the truck talking and not watching (on break I guess). Our state, of course, has a smaller road system I reckon.
    If I just said LOL, I lied. Do or do not. There is no try.

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Only off duty, Canio. Nothing must interrupt that work flow, y'know.
    Since we're one of the more hungry TxDoT districts, we tend to have one guy in the loader, one guy making halfhearted come forward signals, one guy leaning on the sign and texting, 2 guys in the truck and 3 guys at the water jug.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

ssn679doc is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by justyouraveragecavemen View Post
    Around here it's one with a shovel, one on the phone watching, 2 in the truck watching, 2 on the tailgate of the truck talking and not watching (on break I guess). Our state, of course, has a smaller road system I reckon.
    And only 3 State Troopers on the road at any one time...... I used to live in LA.... Lower Alabama..