Page 648 of 1073 FirstFirst ... 148548598638646647648649650658698748 ... LastLast
Results 6,471 to 6,480 of 10727

Thread: <Insert Bacon Here> One fat (guy's) primal journal page 648

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    Primal Fuel
    Hulky got certified in the Army. I heard all about the hours of running around blinded by pepper or and doing an obstacle course. No interest!
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    Hulky got certified in the Army. I heard all about the hours of running around blinded by pepper or and doing an obstacle course. No interest!
    It is a wise woman that learns from the mistakes of others. Was Hulky an MP?
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

That's a doctor thing, right? No, he shot rockets. In Iron Man, they use his launcher for Stark's missiles in the beginning.

Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    That's a doctor thing, right? No, he shot rockets. In Iron Man, they use his launcher for Stark's missiles in the beginning.
    No, a doctor thing is an MD. An MP is military police. Normally, there is no reason outside of law enforcement to get sprayed with OC as most rocket guys (or telephone/internet guys in my case) don't carry it around. Huh, now I will have to rewatch Iron Man. Blowing shit up and getting paid...nice Hulky, nice.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

Oooh it was for guard training I think. He wasn't MP.

The launcher he operated is used in a lot of movies and background shots for stuff. There's a photo of one at our local post offic

Emoticon supposed to go at end of l office"

Crabbcakes is offline Senior Member
    Pepper spray and stuff? Probs not applicable, but it made me think of this...

Back when, one of my high school friends went into the Army. He said that they had to go through this building/room thingy that had some kind(s) of gases in it as part of gas attack training. This guy said everybody got literally foot-long booger and snot ropes hanging from their sinuses from the action of the gas. My friend has horrible year-round allergies, and said that was the first time in years that he was truly able to breathe completely freely through the nose. Harsh treatment, but it worked.

His wife, not being inured to the life of a serviceman, was ready to sue the government (it was all I could do not to laugh, but I managed it because she is an awesome best friend) for abusive training methods. She ranted the same way when he went off to play war games with laser tag vests and threw himself down a hill in order not to get hit and dinged himself some. And when he didn't get his leave EXACTLY when told - that time, she tried to call her senator about it. Good thing he wasn't career - she would have mucked up every promotion, probably.
    I have a mantra that I have spouted for years... "If I eat right, I feel right. If I feel right, I exercise right. If I exercise right, I think right. If I think right, I eat right..." Phil-SC

Ah, guard training makes sense. Not worth getting sprayed for though.

Rocket launcher guy is a far better job title than Telephone dude.

Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    No, a doctor thing is an MD. An MP is military police.
    I used to get threatened by the parents with a visit by the MPs if I didn't behave while on base while my dad was in.
    I have a mantra that I have spouted for years... "If I eat right, I feel right. If I feel right, I exercise right. If I exercise right, I think right. If I think right, I eat right..." Phil-SC

Quote Originally Posted by Crabbcakes View Post
    I used to get threatened by the parents with a visit by the MPs if I didn't behave while on base while my dad was in.
    Strange. You strike me as being obscenely well behaved.

PrimalCon New York
    Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    Strange. You strike me as being obscenely well behaved.
    Why, thank you! Maybe that's why... But seriously - this was central Texas and Ft Hood in the 70s - if it wasn't the MPs, it was the literalist Southern Baptists and demon possession for opening yourself up to them by sinning in a qwazillion different ways, or it was your elementary school with liberal paddling allowed by the teachers...