Page 647 of 1073 FirstFirst ... 147547597637645646647648649657697747 ... LastLast
Results 6,461 to 6,470 of 10730

Thread: <Insert Bacon Here> One fat (guy's) primal journal page 647

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    Primal Fuel
    We never had any major drills like that (or incidents). Some jackass sprayed pepper spray (or something like that, it covered an area, wasn't just a stream) near the cafeteria on Halloween one year and the school got evacuated. A few students went to the hospital for respiratory distress, but nothing serious. We made the news. We all got out early, which was a problem because a lot of students didn't have parents at home and we had a number of students who took a school bus in from the city every day, so they couldn't go anywhere.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

geostump is offline Senior Member
    When I was in high school, most everyone had a gun rack in their truck. Now no one has a gun rack. Same town, zero tolerance.
    Georgette

drssgchic is offline Senior Member
    Thanks for the definition.

When I was in I think it was 4th grade, a kid in my class was found to have a gun in his locker. I come from farm country, so everybody has a .22. According to the school, it was totally accidental. The pistol was just swept into his bookbag with everything else, and then the same thing happened getting it into his locker. Right.

Have you heard anything about the other job, yet?
    http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Originally Posted by TheFastCat: Less is more more or less

And now I have an Etsy store: CattailsandCalendula

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by drssgchic View Post
    Have you heard anything about the other job, yet?
    Yup, just got an email. They selected someone else. Oh well. We had a fun 'town hall meeting' today.

Best exchange...

Firefighter "So, you're telling me I have to go into a burning building with half the people I have now?"

Colonel "I am accepting responsibility for the increased risk."

Firefighter "Uh, I am the one in the burning building..."

No exemptions for emergency personnel as "If you can take leave you can get furloughed."

Well, soldiers get 30 days leave a year so....

Good times
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

drssgchic is offline Senior Member
    The whole "we need to save money so let's cut firefighters/cops/teachers" thing always flummoxed me. People would end up better educated, safer, and have no more taxes if we cut some bureaucrats instead.
    http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Originally Posted by TheFastCat: Less is more more or less

And now I have an Etsy store: CattailsandCalendula

ssn679doc is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    Why would anyone want to jump out of a perfectly good plane?
    When I was stationed at Camp Lejeune, I had a guy (who jumped out of airplanes for a living) tell me that there were only 2 things that fell from the sky.... bird poo and a$$holes.... I took him at his word....

Crabbcakes is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by geostump View Post
    When I was in high school, most everyone had a gun rack in their truck. Now no one has a gun rack. Same town, zero tolerance.
    In the not too distant past, our rural high school actually literally had "Bring Your Gun to School Day". I am told nobody ever got hurt. At the moment, I actually believe that my four kids and I are the only ones inside the county limits to never have shot a gun.
    I have a mantra that I have spouted for years... "If I eat right, I feel right. If I feel right, I exercise right. If I exercise right, I think right. If I think right, I eat right..." Phil-SC

Kymma is offline Senior Member
    I prefer Chinese fire drills and may do that this weekend just for the hell of it, all this crisis preparedness talk has me wanting to remember the fun in life, cause the bad like whoa!

Having a job, looking for a job, all of it is just misery inducing. There ain't enough power of positive thinking in the universe to combat the sad mess American wage slavery has turned into.

...wanders off rambling in incoherent insomnia surreal land

Kymma - Yeah, the economic situation in the US right now is about as fun as having major dental surgery while jumping out of a plane with assholes.

CC - go shoot. It is fun.

Geo - zero tollerance policies are about as intelligent as the average politician, which is slightly less intelligent than common bread mold.

Drssgchic - sadly, teachers, emergency services, etc take up a huge part of the public budget. Individually they may be a bargain, but look at as a whole they cost a shit-ton of money. Often 'managers' only see the big picture.

Nameless - pepper spray is the absolute suck. If ever a cop pulls OC spray out on you, do everything they say asap. Seriously, it sucks.

Naiad - shotgun wielding pimps...nice.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

So it is black history month. I wont say African-American history month because it does not apply to persons from Africa who happen to be white. Also, most 'African-Americans' have not been to Africa in about 6+ generations and frankly are simply Americans. That said, it is black history month.

Given that it is, I accompanied K to an event last night that an organization she helps run sponsored. It was African food, dancing, and a movie. The food was good but not 100% primal (one dish was made with blackeyed peas) but overall not bad (in a primal sense). It tasted good. The dancing was fun. The movie was about female circumcision/genital mutilation so you know that was a thrill a minute. That said, it was nice to spend the evening together.