Page 646 of 1073 FirstFirst ... 146546596636644645646647648656696746 ... LastLast
Results 6,451 to 6,460 of 10727

Thread: <Insert Bacon Here> One fat (guy's) primal journal page 646

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post

As for guns, I have to carry one at work and supervise 30 other people carrying them, as such, I prefer they know wtf they are doing.
    I totally agree with you on that score. I have never tried to use one and I doubt I will ever need to - so I might just stick to fingernails and teeth ?????

A couple of our daughters and DH are all very good shots. In fact two of our daughters can hunt with the best of them. Middle DD got a hind last year for me, absolutely gorgeous meat. Youngest is in your beautiful country for the year - so no guns until she gets home again !!!!!! I don't think that we insured her for guns anyway, only motorbikes, skydiving and snorkelling !!!!!!!
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Why would anyone want to jump out of a perfectly good plane?
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    So checking the furlough calculator, it would not be a 20% paycut but a 50%+ paycut. FML.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

I am with you on that one !!!!!!!!! these particular two daughters are wee risk takers. As in one has ridden a rodeo bull, both have jumped off the Auckland skytower - thank fully attached to a rope !!!!!!!! One was into hardcore motorcross, the other has just broken in a horse.
    I suppose life is full of risks, but to seek out risks like that ???????? I don't think so !!!!!!!!!

...small steps....

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Adrenaline.

I plan to do this very thing... soon.
    I may even pay for the video tape package and post it here for your viewing pleasure.

There are also other insane things I like to do/previously liked to do...
    I used to ride sports bikes at 100+ mph.
    Rode moto-cross as a kid.
    Broke horses as a teen.
    Jump of bridges/cliff dive... that started at about 10 yrs old on a 30 ft bridge.
    A rumbling/purring car engine makes my heart beat faster... and my foot seek the floor.

Some people just have an adrenaline bug.
    Last edited by cori93437; 02-25-2013 at 11:27 AM.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

woo hoo - go Cori !!!!!!!
    Sadly Gwamma aint an adrenaline junkie. In fact years ago when in Aussi, we went to dream world and one of the kidlets convinced me to do the BATMAN RIDE !!!!!!!!
    Okay so not such a grand idea. Gwamma was as sick as for about three hours after !!!!!!!!

...small steps....

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    It means they are actively shooting. A person who shows up at a bank, pulls out a gun, and says "Give me all your money" is a bank robber. A bank robber who says, "Copper, none of these people are leaving until I get blah" is a hostage taker. A hostage taker who starts shooting people is an active shooter.

A person in a school with a gun is a person in a school with a gun. A person who shoots said gun is an active shooter.

You can negotiate with hostage takers/persons with guns. You do not negotiate with active shooters. You shoot them.
    Great definition. There was an active shooter situation here a while ago - like May/June?? Someone from the factory had been raising red flags with his behavior and then one day he disappeared with about 10 guns out of his collection. He'd left a note for his wife saying he was going to do something newsworthy. They locked down the building I was in and posted military guards at all the entrance ways. They locked our office door and closed the blinds so no one could see in. 2 hours later, they told us it was just a drill...

Personally, I think something was "misinterpretted" by someone in the chain of communication and they had to pass it off as a drill. Only problem is, I was told the guy's name and checked the global address book for him. That name existed as an employee of the factory... so, someone was doing a cover up of some sort.

Furlough... mine will be about 21% deduction, but I don't get overtime. Good luck with the new job prospect. I can't wait til I have some prospects... heck, maybe I should go look and see what's posted...
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    yep... one opening at RIA... and it's for a GS-12... not eligible... *eyeroll*
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    We had our active shooter lockdown drill today at my HS. The police were here for the realism factor.

We are supposed to move our kids into a place in the room where they cannot be seen from the door. (impossible, due to windows) and keep them silent. The drill lasted 20 minutes. My students were very cooperative even though they were packed together and sitting on the floor. Someone knocked on our door and said "Open up, Security". We stayed silent. Other classes were called on the phone. We are not supposed to answer. The police were running through some halls yelling.

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    In high school, We had a terrorist drill. They came on the loud speaker with "The president is in the building," which was really shitty code for "Get the kids on the floor and keep'em quiet, we're in full lockdown." Eventually (after losing most of an AP History class and part of my ceramics class) we were given the all clear.
    Another time, some pimp came into the school hunting for a ho that owed him money, with a shotgun prominently displayed. We were put under full lock down and they called in a SWAT team (no, I'm not exaggerating.) He left of his own accord before they showed up.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome