Page 645 of 1073 FirstFirst ... 145545595635643644645646647655695745 ... LastLast
Results 6,441 to 6,450 of 10730

Thread: <Insert Bacon Here> One fat (guy's) primal journal page 645

ssn679doc is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    t was longer than anticipated but after the gate we got some really good training in - dealing with active shooters.
    That's why god made snipers..... and training rifle ranges, of great optics for Remington 700s..

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ssn679doc View Post
    That's why god made snipers..... and training rifle ranges, of great optics for Remington 700s..
    Sadly, we don't carry rifles - only pistols. We could carry shotguns but our upper management wont sign off on it. Sure, we have rifles and snipers but I want the dude with the gun dead before they show up, because he could shoot a ton of people in the meantime.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

ssn679doc is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    Sadly, we don't carry rifles - only pistols. We could carry shotguns but our upper management wont sign off on it. Sure, we have rifles and snipers but I want the dude with the gun dead before they show up, because he could shoot a ton of people in the meantime.
    My wife runs a local level 1 trauma center and they have mass casualty drills every year. This year they are going to do a drill that involves an active shooter scenario..... I will be interested to see how this plays out. I dont know of any hospital that has done this kind of drill before.....

Quote Originally Posted by ssn679doc View Post
    My wife runs a local level 1 trauma center and they have mass casualty drills every year. This year they are going to do a drill that involves an active shooter scenario..... I will be interested to see how this plays out. I dont know of any hospital that has done this kind of drill before.....
    It is very important training to have. We were clueless at how many issues we'd have until the training started. Luckily we have some excellent instructors here, which helped. They started with the schools and the hospital about a year and a half ago, which given the whole Sandy Hook incident seemed like rather excellent planning on their part.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

RMS123 is online now Senior Member
    We had "training". It was all classroom from our HR group. We'd be completely clueless if something happens.

Quote Originally Posted by RMS123 View Post
    We had "training". It was all classroom from our HR group. We'd be completely clueless if something happens.
    Yeah, that is kind of sad. This is not something you can say, "Okay, we talked about it, let's check the box."

Next time we do the training we are using sim-munitions so actually getting 'shot'

drssgchic is offline Senior Member
    Um- what does "active shooter" mean? Moving as opposed to stationary?
    http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Originally Posted by TheFastCat: Less is more more or less

And now I have an Etsy store: CattailsandCalendula

Quote Originally Posted by drssgchic View Post
    Um- what does "active shooter" mean? Moving as opposed to stationary?
    It means they are actively shooting. A person who shows up at a bank, pulls out a gun, and says "Give me all your money" is a bank robber. A bank robber who says, "Copper, none of these people are leaving until I get blah" is a hostage taker. A hostage taker who starts shooting people is an active shooter.

A person in a school with a gun is a person in a school with a gun. A person who shoots said gun is an active shooter.

You can negotiate with hostage takers/persons with guns. You do not negotiate with active shooters. You shoot them.

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    all this gun talk gives Gwamma the willies !!!!!!!! or heaby geebs !!!!!!!!! or shivers !!!!!!!!!

Gwamma doesn't even know how to use a gun - sad really

Jon have you got pickies in your wee chefs outfit yet ???????
    I don't mind if its a back view just wearing an apron .................." smiles cougar like "
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

Quote Originally Posted by NZ primal Gwamma View Post
    all this gun talk gives Gwamma the willies !!!!!!!! or heaby geebs !!!!!!!!! or shivers !!!!!!!!!

Gwamma doesn't even know how to use a gun - sad really

Jon have you got pickies in your wee chefs outfit yet ???????
    I don't mind if its a back view just wearing an apron .................." smiles cougar like "
    I got the outfit on Saturday but I need to have the pants altered as they are way too long (they come unhemmed). That said, the shirt is too big, which I guess is a good thing. So pictures as soon as alterations are done.

As for guns, I have to carry one at work and supervise 30 other people carrying them, as such, I prefer they know wtf they are doing.