Page 642 of 1099 FirstFirst ... 142542592632640641642643644652692742 ... LastLast
Results 6,411 to 6,420 of 10982

Thread: <Insert Bacon Here> One fat (guy's) primal journal page 642

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Sorry your weekend is being stolen.

I love how you say "My buddy and I are going to Mexico"...As a Spanish teacher, I would love to be able to do that in a day.
    I should have taught French as I am closer to Canada.

FWIW I will pray that get you the other job. It couldn't hurt.

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    Sorry your weekend is being stolen.

I love how you say "My buddy and I are going to Mexico"...As a Spanish teacher, I would love to be able to do that in a day.
    I should have taught French as I am closer to Canada.

FWIW I will pray that get you the other job. It couldn't hurt.
    At this point I am used to it. I was just mentally prepared for 6 hours not 12.

Well, honestly, it is nothing too exciting. Go in, try to avoid people asking for money, buy cigarettes, gtfo.

I'd like to go to Canada. It would be nice to be in a country of polite people.

Thanks for the prayers P. At this point, nothing can hurt. That said, I have a job so shouldn't complain too much.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

geostump is online now Senior Member
    I know a lot of people who are being affected by the furlough, We have a gov't office in the town that Clint grew up in and we have a lot of friends that are affected by it. Definitely sucks ass. I hope something good happens for you with the job you posted for. Sounds like that would almost be like a vacation for you.

Now I want to roast a turkey. I may have to see if I can find a small one and roast it next weekend. I'm going to make a loaf of fat bread to try out and a turkey club sandwich would be awesome. Even a turkey breast would work if I can't get a whole bird

Heck, I would love to make a day trip to either Canada or Mexico. Technically, I'm 4 hours away from Windsor, Ontario but I would rather go further into the Canada. Sounds like a fun day regardless.
    Georgette

Quote Originally Posted by geostump View Post
    I know a lot of people who are being affected by the furlough, We have a gov't office in the town that Clint grew up in and we have a lot of friends that are affected by it. Definitely sucks ass. I hope something good happens for you with the job you posted for. Sounds like that would almost be like a vacation for you.

Now I want to roast a turkey. I may have to see if I can find a small one and roast it next weekend. I'm going to make a loaf of fat bread to try out and a turkey club sandwich would be awesome. Even a turkey breast would work if I can't get a whole bird

Heck, I would love to make a day trip to either Canada or Mexico. Technically, I'm 4 hours away from Windsor, Ontario but I would rather go further into the Canada. Sounds like a fun day regardless.

Yeah, the furlough is expected to hit 800,000 people just in the DoD, I imagine thousands more are also getting hit by it. The annoying thing is that the waste in government is huge, but the waste is not in salaries being paid. I supervise and train 30 people, have to carry a gun, do a crap ton of training and get paid less than a public school teacher (and I don't get 3 months of vaction time). Hell, I'd go back into teaching if I didn't dislike parents and administrators so much

Yeah, I had the turkey left from Thanksgiving. You know how it is - they are cheap as hell at that time so I picked up an extra one. Well, apparently they are good for about a year if kept frozen, so I thawed it out and cooked it. I love me some turkey. Let me know how the fat bread turns out. I keep hearing about it, but haven't heard if it is any good.

4 hours from Canada isn't bad. Take a drive and see what you can see. Take pictures of a moose or something. (Because all I know about Canada is that there are moose there )
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

geostump is online now Senior Member
    One day I shall do that. I need a passport though.
    Georgette

Okay so why the f*ck did this just happen...

phone rings...

I answer...

Chief: "Yeah, call *name withheld* to ask him to call me to come into work now he is cleared for duty"

Me: "Uh, so you want me to call him to tell him to call you?"

Chief: "Yeah."

Me: "Okay...."

Dails phone..."Hey, call Chief. blah blah"

Seriously, why the f*ck call me to call him to have him call you? Just. F*cking. Call. Him. Your. Damn. Self.

ssn679doc is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    Okay so why the f*ck did this just happen...
    cuz defacation rolls down hill?

Quote Originally Posted by ssn679doc View Post
    cuz defacation rolls down hill?
    true, but seriously, why waste the time calling me when it would save time to just call him?

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Because they need to create things to happen to make themselves appear bigger and more important, kinda like a puffer fish.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    Because they need to create things to happen to make themselves appear bigger and more important, kinda like a puffer fish.
    lol good point. It is just irritating as f*ck.