Page 612 of 1073 FirstFirst ... 112512562602610611612613614622662712 ... LastLast
Results 6,111 to 6,120 of 10727

Thread: <Insert Bacon Here> One fat (guy's) primal journal page 612

geostump is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by honeybuns View Post
    DH has always shown me he loves me several times a day. Why would I need one day a year to confirm what I already know? He also told me ONCE he loves me but that he'd let me know if he ever stopped. I like that we don't celebrate Valentine's Day.
    That's the sweetest thing I've ever heard.

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    There is an interesting question over in the nutrition forum about figuring ideal body weight. I have always wondered how this is done. I understand there is a range that the gov't/BMI/whatever puts out, but how does one figure out what is best on an individual level? Is it just a matter of feel and looks? Is there an actual formula based on frame size, genetics, body type etc? I can set goals. I can reach them. Yet, when does a goal become detrimental (ie. below ideal weight etc.)?
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    DH has always shown me he loves me several times a day. Why would I need one day a year to confirm what I already know? He also told me ONCE he loves me but that he'd let me know if he ever stopped. I like that we don't celebrate Valentine's Day.

Not bad for being with the same man for almost 40 years.
    Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

Not bad for being with the same man for almost 40 years.
    That unto itself is a feat. Very nicely done.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

Regarding ideal weight I think as a society we need to shift our focus from weight to body fat percentage. You could have a woman that weighs around 150+ pound but she has a body fat percentage of around 20, more than likely her body is going to look dope as hell.

You can have another woman that weighs around 130 but her body fat percentage might be 30+ her body might not look all that great.

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Happy V'day Canio!

My hubs flew away to NY with his mother for family business until next week... so I bought myself some reef things!
    He did surprise me by leaving me a sweet message on FB this morning saying he was sorry that he wasn't home to "celebrate" with me... which is weird, because we NEVER celebrate V'day. Not ON V'day anyway, that is a suckers bet if there ever was one. Darn overcrowded restaurants and schmoozey dating peoples trying to out-do everyone else. LOL
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    I've always kinda figured it as "get into a 'healthy' range and then tweak until you're happy."
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    I've always kinda figured it as "get into a 'healthy' range and then tweak until you're happy."
    This.

Most of the people I see on the forum who talk about "ideal weight" or "ideal body fat/body comp" are WAY too neurotic and seem at least borderline eating disordered, and driven to stay that way rather than try and fix it.
    Just my 2c.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Neanderthal Betty View Post
    Regarding ideal weight I think as a society we need to shift our focus from weight to body fat percentage. You could have a woman that weighs around 150+ pound but she has a body fat percentage of around 20, more than likely her body is going to look dope as hell.

You can have another woman that weighs around 130 but her body fat percentage might be 30+ her body might not look all that great.

Quote Originally Posted by cori93437 View Post
    This.

Most of the people I see on the forum who talk about "ideal weight" or "ideal body fat/body comp" are WAY too neurotic and seem at least borderline eating disordered, and driven to stay that way rather than try and fix it.
    Just my 2c.

I agree with all of you. That said, my 'healthy range' is somewhere from 145-160. The lightest I have been as an adult was 181 when I went into the Army. At that point per electronic body fat testing I had a BF% of 16.4% and calipers it was 17.2% Could I have lost a bit more fat, probably but I am not sure I could have lost 20-35 pounds of fat.

That is why I wonder how much it varies per individual. Ideally I would like to lose weight down to about 160 and then gain weight back to 180 by lifting heavy things. We'll see how it goes as I get closer.

Quote Originally Posted by cori93437 View Post
    Happy V'day Canio!

My hubs flew away to NY with his mother for family business until next week... so I bought myself some reef things!
    He did surprise me by leaving me a sweet message on FB this morning saying he was sorry that he wasn't home to "celebrate" with me... which is weird, because we NEVER celebrate V'day. Not ON V'day anyway, that is a suckers bet if there ever was one. Darn overcrowded restaurants and schmoozey dating peoples trying to out-do everyone else. LOL

LOL I agree. Hopefully he has a good trip and gets back to you soon. I am sure you can have lots of fun after Valentine's Day.