Page 586 of 1099 FirstFirst ... 864865365765845855865875885966366861086 ... LastLast
Results 5,851 to 5,860 of 10982

Thread: <Insert Bacon Here> One fat (guy's) primal journal page 586

canio6 is online now Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by ssn679doc View Post
    nah.... a suxmarine
    What you all do on your own time with marines is your own business....

seriously though, I am not sure how you do it. My biological father was a submariner and I would have gone out of my mind.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Per your invitation:

If you are eating all potatoes, you are NOT doing LCHF! You idiot!

Quote Originally Posted by Sabine View Post
    Per your invitation:

If you are eating all potatoes, you are NOT doing LCHF! You idiot!
    That is 'Mr. You Idiot!' to you young lady :P

but kidding aside, yes, you are correct. Last I checked potatoes, while lovely things, are not low carb. That is why I substitute corn and rice for potatoes. Those are totally low carb.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

ssn679doc is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    What you all do on your own time with marines is your own business....

seriously though, I am not sure how you do it. My biological father was a submariner and I would have gone out of my mind.
    I served with Marines too.... and some of them sukd... back before "don't ask, don't tell" The submarine really wasn't much different than being in an office building with no windows.... and NO space.. THAT was a huge adjustment.

I served with Marines too.... and some of them sukd... back before "don't ask, don't tell" The submarine really wasn't much different than being in an office building with no windows.... and NO space.. THAT was a huge adjustment.
    Eh, what happens underwater stays underwater or some such.

Yeah, I need to be able to get up and walk around. Also, one dude I worked with said they used to share bunks. F' that. In the Army I might have been sleeping on the ground in a leaky tent but at least it was my ground.

Eh, what happens underwater stays underwater or some such.

Yeah, I need to be able to get up and walk around. Also, one dude I worked with said they used to share bunks. F' that. In the Army I might have been sleeping on the ground in a leaky tent but at least it was my ground.
    Yeah, there was some of that going on.... regularly.... They call it hot racking..... When you've got 130 people on a ship with 97 bunks...... SOMEBODY's sharing, and it ain't the Captain! They assign 3 guys to 2 racks... 1 is on watch, the other 2 are sleeping. We run an 8 hour shift day, when the one guy gets off watch, one of the other 2 is going on watch and the newly off watch guy rolls in to a warm bunk... Yeah, leaky tent, wet ground until somebody starts mortoring your a$$.... I'll take a submarine any day..... You can't hit what you can't see!

Yeah, there was some of that going on.... regularly.... They call it hot racking..... When you've got 130 people on a ship with 97 bunks...... SOMEBODY's sharing, and it ain't the Captain! They assign 3 guys to 2 racks... 1 is on watch, the other 2 are sleeping. We run an 8 hour shift day, when the one guy gets off watch, one of the other 2 is going on watch and the newly off watch guy rolls in to a warm bunk...
    Well, rank has its privledges and all. Are there laundry facilities on a sub? How does that work on a 6 month deployment?

Well, rank has its privledges and all. Are there laundry facilities on a sub? How does that work on a 6 month deployment?
    Laundry? yup... we has 1 washer and 1 dryer. for 130 people... I did my own laundry once a week. We wore dark blue overalls.... nicknamed Poopie suits for a reason... lol

Laundry? yup... we has 1 washer and 1 dryer. for 130 people... I did my own laundry once a week. We wore dark blue overalls.... nicknamed Poopie suits for a reason... lol
    well, that seals the deal...time to call the navy recruiter. not.

Hey man, the chow was fabulous... by military standards... The coffee was ALWAYS hot, 4 meals a day, a hot bunk... what's not to like!