Page 575 of 1073 FirstFirst ... 75475525565573574575576577585625675 ... LastLast
Results 5,741 to 5,750 of 10730

Thread: <Insert Bacon Here> One fat (guy's) primal journal page 575

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Shop Now
    The "land of milk and canio" sounds like a my kind of place.
    The problem seems to be that because you care, you want to fix things for people, but in this case neither solution is acceptable. Is there any way to just stay on the sidelines for this one?

skink531 is offline Senior Member
    Wow...you just described my life perfectly. I wish i had some advice, but I don't. If you figure it out be sure to let me know.
    My blog: My Primal Adventure

"I've come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass...and I'm all out of bubble gum."

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    It might work (from your perspective) to switch identifying the problem from example: 'Fred's overtime issue' to 'listening to Fred's overtime issue and sympathizing without losing my damned mind'.

So learning about the problem becomes finding strategies for empathetic listening to males or females(different).

Best course of action becomes which of these strategies can I use without feeling like an idiot.

Destroying problem becomes listening to your friend/ex without blowing your top or giving yourself an ulcer by swallowing your completely justifiable rage.

And as a bonus, you can still say, 'You're wrong. You're wrong. Please shut the f*** up.' Just in your head.

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    I dealt/ deal with that. Most of the time, I find a "gentle" (ok, it's not a sledgehammer over the head) way to break it to 'em that their wrong. I got nothin' on Fred, though, never been a boss. With people like my mom, who live in Lala land anyways (and there's a whole subset of rules to dealing with Mom), I tend to break it like they're a toddler: fact is fact, black and white, these are your two options, "no" is not an option, and option A is the one that fucked you over. For rational people, I throw in a bit more logic and rationale, but people are stupid: I break it down to 3 options and walk them through why the wrong ones are wrong.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

drssgchic is offline Senior Member
    I'm pretty good at having a pleasant expression on my face and asking a few questions to let them ramble while internally not really giving a flying fuck. Careful with that, though. It gets you the reputation of being nice

For CC- it starts every exercise at a level that anyone that doesn't have a major injury or illness should be able to handle. Since it builds from there, I don't see there's any difference between men and women except possibly how long it takes and/or where you stop.
    http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Originally Posted by TheFastCat: Less is more more or less

And now I have an Etsy store: CattailsandCalendula

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by drssgchic View Post
    For CC- it starts every exercise at a level that anyone that doesn't have a major injury or illness should be able to handle. Since it builds from there, I don't see there's any difference between men and women except possibly how long it takes and/or where you stop.
    That does seem to be the case. I even have K thinking about it. I'll order the book on Wednesday when I get paid.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

marcadav is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mud Flinger View Post
    My sister got the same "are you sick?" Question from our mom after she lost a lot of weight, but to be honest, I don't think my sis had been at that weight since her early teens and she was in her 50s at the time. Funny as everyone just tells me how great I look. I need to be ready to answer "no, I was sick when I was so fat, but now am quite well"!
    I think it's a family thing. I met my sisters this morning for coffee. More than one commented on how thin my hands look-- exact words were, "They're just skin and bone." They couldn't comment on the rest of me because I was wearing a long, over sized sweater.

Other people, however, tell me how great I look and are shocked when they hear how old I am.

Quote Originally Posted by marcadav View Post
    I think it's a family thing. I met my sisters this morning for coffee. More than one commented on how thin my hands look-- exact words were, "They're just skin and bone." They couldn't comment on the rest of me because I was wearing a long, over sized sweater.

Other people, however, tell me how great I look and are shocked when they hear how old I am.

Wow, you are finally able to buy your own beer! (my response to any woman who asks how old she looks)
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

Hmm, apparently I underestimate the amount of sleep needed. I've been reading around here lately with all you ladies tracking sleep and all, and I am realizing that I don't sleep much. Usually I am lucky if I am in bed 5-6 hours let alone asleep. Usually, I am in bed at 10 and up at 3. Of course, there are days I get to bed earlier but rarely before 9. I probably should work on that.

The Superbowl was uneventful, in as much as I forgot it started so early out West and missed the first half. I watched the second half sporadically as the commercials annoy me. I'd rather just watch the funny ones online at my leisure. My Superbowl food was steak and more asparagus (seems to be the only vegetable I eat these days).

I'm late to this but I have been a manager of people and hated it thoroughly. I know Fred is a pal, but if he's that good of a guy he should take the circumstances (lower OT than others, his turn) and just suck it up. That's life. It's called work because it's not play and it's not fun.

I thought the Super Bowl was OK. The commercials were so-so, mostly obscene attention-grabbers (godaddy and calvin klein). I thought the black out was cool and definitely caused by some 49ers fan at a Buffalo Wild Wings. My favorite commercial hands down was the Paul Harvey Dodge commercial. Damn near made me cry.
    If I just said LOL, I lied. Do or do not. There is no try.