Page 574 of 1073 FirstFirst ... 74474524564572573574575576584624674 ... LastLast
Results 5,731 to 5,740 of 10727

Thread: <Insert Bacon Here> One fat (guy's) primal journal page 574

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by drssgchic View Post
    Instead of going right for weights, have you thought about increasingly difficult bodyweight stuff? Convict Conditioning is set up to build the tendons and ligaments along with the muscles- in fact the squats start as inverted to learn the movement without the strain on your legs. Just a thought.

*wanders off to actually re-start my CC workouts*

That is a good idea as well. I will look into it.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

ssn679doc is offline Senior Member
    Convict Conditioning is the bomb..... I started that program in September/October-ish, and I can see many changes in my strength and build decause of it. I picked it because I live in the sticks... and there are no "gyms" in near proximity to my house, and I don't want to spend a small fortune on weight machines etc. If I quit doing the program, all I have lost is the cost of the book (which compared to an Olympic weight set is chump change!)

Quote Originally Posted by ssn679doc View Post
    Convict Conditioning is the bomb.....If I quit doing the program, all I have lost is the cost of the book (which compared to an Olympic weight set is chump change!)
    Good to know. I will have to pick up a copy.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

You can get it cheaper from Barnes and Noble or Amazon than you can get it from Dragon Door publishing.....

You can get it cheaper from Barnes and Noble or Amazon than you can get it from Dragon Door publishing.....
    Fantastic. Thanks for the tip. I need to order some stuff from Amazon anyway. Woot woot. And I presume based on what drssgchic said, that is works for women as well?

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    My husband is an RN at a prison hospital. I wonder how he would react if I suggested Convict Conditioning as an exercise program.

Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    Fantastic. Thanks for the tip. I need to order some stuff from Amazon anyway. Woot woot. And I presume based on what drssgchic said, that is works for women as well?
    I can't imagine why it wouldn't....

Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    My husband is an RN at a prison hospital. I wonder how he would react if I suggested Convict Conditioning as an exercise program.
    he could get it for free right from the source! :P

I can't imagine why it wouldn't....
    true...true...

PrimalCon New York
    Not too much to report from the land of milk and canio.

Food is pretty much as normal. Exercise has not changed though I am probably going to pick up Convict Conditioning to work on until summer gym time.

I started playing Eve Online. So far it has been slow but fun. I've blown up some pirates, been shot at a bunch, explored a little, and am beginning to figure out about 1/10th of all the things I need to know.

On a personal note I have been having an issue lately...

I have a mind that works a certain way. I am a problem solver to a degree, that degree is 1. see problem 2. learn about problem 3. pick best course of action 4. destroy problem. This works great on my own problems, where it gets to be a pain is when friends/coworkers/whomever have problems and come to me for advice, which has happened a lot lately.

The issue comes into steps 2 and 3. For example, lets say coworker Fred has a problem with overtime. He just got assigned a shift he doesn't want to work because it is his anniversary. Fred and I are buddies and have known each other for 5+ years. So 1. problem OT. 2. learn about the problem - Fred is next on the roster/Fred has pulled less OT than anyone else so is getting picked to even things out. 3. Best course of action - suck it the f*ck up friend it is your turn.

This is where it gets tricky because while work is pretty cut and dry friends do not like hearing "Yeah, sorry buddy, you are wrong/are the problem/need to get the f*ck over it" so I am torn between being a comforting friend (applies far more with women who seem to just want someone to listen) and being blunt. One fixes the issue but pisses off a friend, the other keeps the friend but makes me feel like a douche. It becomes a huge issue with my ex (with whom I am still friends) as she and her sister have hated each other since birth and no matter who is really at fault in the issue I am expected to side (or at least sympathize) with the ex. I really just want to say, "You're wrong. You're wrong. You're wrong. So please STFU."

Yeah, so, that isn't great