Page 572 of 1073 FirstFirst ... 724725225625705715725735745826226721072 ... LastLast
Results 5,711 to 5,720 of 10730

Thread: <Insert Bacon Here> One fat (guy's) primal journal page 572

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    I also teared up watching "Same Love", Kymma.
    I hear rumors that some dude in AZ did the same....so I heard... >.>

I think I will pick up a spare broom handle and try some body weight squats. Perhaps I can work on form (via youtube) without risking injury.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    I am one of those young fools who is risking trial and error with form. I figure, since I'm not using much weight and have no history of injury, I'm less likely to do something really really bad or irreparable. I can feel within a squat or two if something isn't right. Usually, I need to straighten out my feet or push them a little farther apart. Always, I keep in mind that I am pivoting at my hips. I keep my focus there and think about the force going down through my heels and that prevents me from wobbling or pushing from my knees.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Ah, good to know. I know one issue I have is flexibility. Getting my arms back to stabilize a bar behind my head seems daunting.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

Go to the forum at startingstrength.com and watch some of the squat form check videos. I've been doing that program since Oct with big gains, I did have to lower the weight and work on form a few weeks ago but I've also never worked my lower body the way I am now.

IMHO squats and the paleo WOE make the world go 'round.
    If I just said LOL, I lied. Do or do not. There is no try.

Quote Originally Posted by justyouraveragecavemen View Post
    Go to the forum at startingstrength.com and watch some of the squat form check videos. I've been doing that program since Oct with big gains, I did have to lower the weight and work on form a few weeks ago but I've also never worked my lower body the way I am now.

IMHO squats and the paleo WOE make the world go 'round.
    Sounds like a plan. Appreciate the tip senor.

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    I think the personal trainer idea and working out together is awesome! Meanwhile I like caveman's recommendation.

Why do people always assume one is sick when losing weight? Crazy. I think it is because so many of us are fat and sick in this country, healthy just seems abnormal.

Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    Why do people always assume one is sick when losing weight? Crazy. I think it is because so many of us are fat and sick in this country, healthy just seems abnormal.
    Perhaps that was it. Who knows. I was just not expecting the reaction.

Mud Flinger is offline Senior Member
    My sister got the same "are you sick?" Question from our mom after she lost a lot of weight, but to be honest, I don't think my sis had been at that weight since her early teens and she was in her 50s at the time. Funny as everyone just tells me how great I look. I need to be ready to answer "no, I was sick when I was so fat, but now am quite well"!

Quote Originally Posted by Mud Flinger View Post
    Funny as everyone just tells me how great I look.
    Must be nice Kidding. I am sure you look awesome.

Kymma is offline Senior Member
    People are so damn dumb. Why else would you not be a fat as hell American other than illness.

I think I am going to start saying "You look so curvy and sexy." to my galpals, and "You look so beastly and handsome." to my male friends when they start taking off weight. I read somewhere fat and thin are emotions, not states of beings.