Page 571 of 1073 FirstFirst ... 714715215615695705715725735816216711071 ... LastLast
Results 5,701 to 5,710 of 10730

Thread: <Insert Bacon Here> One fat (guy's) primal journal page 571

geostump is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    Well actually it has a cover, but we leave it open long enough for my little guy to see it popping, Then we slam it on quickly.
    Stove popped popcorn is the bestest thing ever! Mom used to do that when I was little and I soooooooo miss that. I may need to make that for the girls sometime so they can know something other than microwave popcorn.
    Georgette

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Yes, stove popped corn is fantastic not that I have had it in 20+ years. Dang, now I want it. I wantses it!
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

On a separate note, I watched the "Same Love" video Nameless suggested. Very nice indeed. Thanks for the recommendation.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

Kymma is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    On a separate note, I watched the "Same Love" video Nameless suggested. Very nice indeed. Thanks for the recommendation.
    I cried, shhh, I know I'm sensitive, but today a "Don't say Gay bill was reintroduced into the TN legislature that would have teachers tell parents of K-8 graders who they suspected were engaging in unhealthy homosexual behaviors. I am just gobsmacked. This damn state is killing me, first we overturn the Scopes Monkey case (evolution) and now this.

Quote Originally Posted by Kymma View Post
    I cried, shhh, I know I'm sensitive, but today a "Don't say Gay bill was reintroduced into the TN legislature that would have teachers tell parents of K-8 graders who they suspected were engaging in unhealthy homosexual behaviors. I am just gobsmacked. This damn state is killing me, first we overturn the Scopes Monkey case (evolution) and now this.
    Yeah, I saw that. Complete horseshit. Seriously people, wtf? And that goes to people everywhere not just in Tennessee.

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    Cannot effing believe that! Wrong on so many levels.
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

“"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Quote Originally Posted by Siobhan View Post
    Cannot effing believe that! Wrong on so many levels.
    Exactly. It is stupid shit like this that makes southerners look bad. Pisses me the hell off.

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Again...

Sometimes my TN roots embarrass me.
    Seriously.
    Ugh.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

So things are progressing pretty much as normal. The weather still sucks, though I did order a sexy hat to wear. Of course, knowing my luck the day it arrives a heat wave will come with it, and I wont get to use it until next winter.

Food is on point - nothing non-primal/cheat since the 6th. I'm baking once a week to take things over to my buddy's house, when the dog goes on his playdate but have so far not given in to temptation. That said, I think sometime in the next few weeks I'll start allowing myself a piece of whatever it is I make. I am not craving sugar or wanting sweets, but one brownie a week is not going to kill me. This week I am making a yogurt lemon cake. We'll see how that turns out. Of course, if that one brownie/whatever turns into three days of junk eating I will adjust fire and drive on.

Weight is still going down slowly. K and I were talking about getting a personal trainer to go over basic exercises. I am paranoid as sh*t about jacking up my back doing squats etc and want someone there to go over form and the like. While I would like to start sooner, it looks like this will be a summer project due to busy and often conflicting schedules between the two of us. As such, when the weather warms up, I'll start taking the dog on long walks and sprinting.

I am going to give into the inevitable and start playing EVE. It is still complicated as hell, but I think it will be fun in an analytical way. Plus blowing stuff up in outer space is always fun.

On a side note, yesterday I ran into a guy I took a class with at the college about 2 years ago. He said, "Holy sh*t are you okay?" I was confused and said something witty like, "Uh...yeah?" He said, "You're so thin. You don't have cancer do you?" So yeah, apparently I look like a cancer patient, but, uh, I guess I will take it as a compliment.

Still 40-60 pounds to go so we will see what I look like at the end of it all.

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    I also teared up watching "Same Love", Kymma.

I love hats. I don't wear them often (usually just practical ones, for the cold), but I do have a small collection of awesome hats. I have the most prettiest wool cloche, kinda 1930s inspired. It is my warmest winter hat and looks really awesome with my colored hair peeking out. What kind of hat did you get?

The good thing is that squats, when done properly, are very GOOD for your back. I'm focusing on bodyweight squats right now, sometimes with the 15lb kettlebell, because my lower back muscles get worked very easily, so I know my strength is not ready for any added weight yet. And then I'll either have to get a gym membership or heavier weights, so I'm in no hurry .
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).