Page 569 of 1095 FirstFirst ... 694695195595675685695705715796196691069 ... LastLast
Results 5,681 to 5,690 of 10944

Thread: <Insert Bacon Here> One fat (guy's) primal journal page 569

  1. #5681
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    North Alabama
    Posts
    2,052
    Primal Fuel
    Ken was the master at ambiguous arguing.

    Grok was just different.
    If I just said LOL, I lied. Do or do not. There is no try.

  2. #5682
    cori93437's Avatar
    cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    central FL
    Posts
    6,949
    Oh, Ken was fun in his grumpy way.
    Good for a bit of a jousting here and there.
    Not in anger... which I think he did enjoy driving some people to.
    But in pedantic fellowship.

    Grok was mostly... confused... I think.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.


  3. #5683
    canio6's Avatar
    canio6 is online now Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    S. Arizona
    Posts
    11,668
    Quote Originally Posted by cori93437 View Post
    Oh, Ken was fun in his grumpy way.
    Good for a bit of a jousting here and there.
    Not in anger... which I think he did enjoy driving some people to.
    But in pedantic fellowship.

    Grok was mostly... confused... I think.
    Yes, but the fun was watching people react to ken. I think he enjoyed the rise he got out of people.

    Yeah, confused or baked...take your choice.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

    What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

  4. #5684
    geostump's Avatar
    geostump is online now Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Ohio, its not the heart of it all
    Posts
    10,836
    I've seen Grok make a few posts, mostly to his journal.
    Georgette

  5. #5685
    canio6's Avatar
    canio6 is online now Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    S. Arizona
    Posts
    11,668
    Quote Originally Posted by geostump View Post
    I've seen Grok make a few posts, mostly to his journal.
    Ah, I never read his journal. Ken posted today to the politics thread.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

    What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

  6. #5686
    canio6's Avatar
    canio6 is online now Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    S. Arizona
    Posts
    11,668
    So I am thinking of picking up a new MMO - Eve Online, but I'm not sure I can be bothered with it. Online sources say it has the largest learning curve of all MMOs. Hmmmm...
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

    What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

  7. #5687
    canio6's Avatar
    canio6 is online now Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    S. Arizona
    Posts
    11,668
    I got a wok. I've been wanting one for a while but don't really have storage space for one. That said, I found one for $4 and while it is nothing fancy, it is a wok. I used it last night to make a beef and asparagus stir fry. It works well. I was quite pleased. That said, I still have no where to put it.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

    What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

  8. #5688
    namelesswonder's Avatar
    namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    MA, USA
    Posts
    12,146
    I signed up for the Elder Scrolls online beta. I don't know if I'm "qualified" enough to be a beta tester. I love the art and ambiance in those games, so I'd like to check it out, at least.

    A wok is still on my wish list for the kitchen. It would probably speed up cooking time significantly, and I know Fiancé would love making fried rice in it for his lunches. I think my grandma has one, but it looks really big. Can't imagine trying to handle it over the stove (despite it being fairly light).
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

  9. #5689
    canio6's Avatar
    canio6 is online now Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    S. Arizona
    Posts
    11,668
    Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    I signed up for the Elder Scrolls online beta. I don't know if I'm "qualified" enough to be a beta tester. I love the art and ambiance in those games, so I'd like to check it out, at least.

    A wok is still on my wish list for the kitchen. It would probably speed up cooking time significantly, and I know Fiancé would love making fried rice in it for his lunches. I think my grandma has one, but it looks really big. Can't imagine trying to handle it over the stove (despite it being fairly light).
    K was pushing me towards Elder Scrolls, but I am looking for something different after WOW. Eve is sci-fi/space based and I wanted a departure from Fantasy. That said, if the MMO is anything like the games, Elder Scrolls will kick ass. Let me know how it is if you get in the beta. I saw a post online where a guy was applying for the beta and the question said 'What qualifies you to be a beta tester?' He replied, "I've never taken an arrow to the knee." Overused joke but I still laughed.

    They are big, which is why I wanted one. I like to be able to toss things around without tossing them all over the kitchen. That said, I can toss/flip things in a skillet/saute pan by hand, but with the wok, I couldn't. It didn't toss right. I am not sure if this is a shape issue in general or just the cheap wok that I have. I had to use a spatula, which was fun but not as easy as I would like.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

    What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

  10. #5690
    geostump's Avatar
    geostump is online now Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Ohio, its not the heart of it all
    Posts
    10,836
    Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    I got a wok. I've been wanting one for a while but don't really have storage space for one. That said, I found one for $4 and while it is nothing fancy, it is a wok. I used it last night to make a beef and asparagus stir fry. It works well. I was quite pleased. That said, I still have no where to put it.
    I know what you mean. I want all this kitchen equipment and have no where to put it. I plan on getting rid of stuff and getting some nice cast iron pans.
    Georgette

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •