Page 569 of 1095 FirstFirst ... 694695195595675685695705715796196691069 ... LastLast
Results 5,681 to 5,690 of 10944

Thread: <Insert Bacon Here> One fat (guy's) primal journal page 569

Primal Fuel
    Ken was the master at ambiguous arguing.

Grok was just different.
    If I just said LOL, I lied. Do or do not. There is no try.

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Oh, Ken was fun in his grumpy way.
    Good for a bit of a jousting here and there.
    Not in anger... which I think he did enjoy driving some people to.
    But in pedantic fellowship.

Grok was mostly... confused... I think.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

canio6 is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cori93437 View Post
    Oh, Ken was fun in his grumpy way.
    Good for a bit of a jousting here and there.
    Not in anger... which I think he did enjoy driving some people to.
    But in pedantic fellowship.

Grok was mostly... confused... I think.
    Yes, but the fun was watching people react to ken. I think he enjoyed the rise he got out of people.

Yeah, confused or baked...take your choice.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

geostump is online now Senior Member
    I've seen Grok make a few posts, mostly to his journal.
    Georgette

Quote Originally Posted by geostump View Post
    I've seen Grok make a few posts, mostly to his journal.
    Ah, I never read his journal. Ken posted today to the politics thread.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

So I am thinking of picking up a new MMO - Eve Online, but I'm not sure I can be bothered with it. Online sources say it has the largest learning curve of all MMOs. Hmmmm...

I got a wok. I've been wanting one for a while but don't really have storage space for one. That said, I found one for $4 and while it is nothing fancy, it is a wok. I used it last night to make a beef and asparagus stir fry. It works well. I was quite pleased. That said, I still have no where to put it.

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    I signed up for the Elder Scrolls online beta. I don't know if I'm "qualified" enough to be a beta tester. I love the art and ambiance in those games, so I'd like to check it out, at least.

A wok is still on my wish list for the kitchen. It would probably speed up cooking time significantly, and I know Fiancé would love making fried rice in it for his lunches. I think my grandma has one, but it looks really big. Can't imagine trying to handle it over the stove (despite it being fairly light).
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    I signed up for the Elder Scrolls online beta. I don't know if I'm "qualified" enough to be a beta tester. I love the art and ambiance in those games, so I'd like to check it out, at least.

A wok is still on my wish list for the kitchen. It would probably speed up cooking time significantly, and I know Fiancé would love making fried rice in it for his lunches. I think my grandma has one, but it looks really big. Can't imagine trying to handle it over the stove (despite it being fairly light).
    K was pushing me towards Elder Scrolls, but I am looking for something different after WOW. Eve is sci-fi/space based and I wanted a departure from Fantasy. That said, if the MMO is anything like the games, Elder Scrolls will kick ass. Let me know how it is if you get in the beta. I saw a post online where a guy was applying for the beta and the question said 'What qualifies you to be a beta tester?' He replied, "I've never taken an arrow to the knee." Overused joke but I still laughed.

They are big, which is why I wanted one. I like to be able to toss things around without tossing them all over the kitchen. That said, I can toss/flip things in a skillet/saute pan by hand, but with the wok, I couldn't. It didn't toss right. I am not sure if this is a shape issue in general or just the cheap wok that I have. I had to use a spatula, which was fun but not as easy as I would like.

geostump is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    I got a wok. I've been wanting one for a while but don't really have storage space for one. That said, I found one for $4 and while it is nothing fancy, it is a wok. I used it last night to make a beef and asparagus stir fry. It works well. I was quite pleased. That said, I still have no where to put it.
    I know what you mean. I want all this kitchen equipment and have no where to put it. I plan on getting rid of stuff and getting some nice cast iron pans.
    Georgette