Page 555 of 1073 FirstFirst ... 554555055455535545555565575656056551055 ... LastLast
Results 5,541 to 5,550 of 10730

Thread: <Insert Bacon Here> One fat (guy's) primal journal page 555

Mud Flinger is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    It is disgustingly simple if like me you are a copout at baking...one box of ghiradelli dark chocolate brownie mix, one egg, 1/4 cup of water, 1/2 cup of blood orange infused olive oil. Stir, bake, boom. I take Louie over there to play with his dog and do not like to show up empty handed.
    OMG. I'm a gonna make a coconut flour version as I actually have blood orange infused olive oil in my pantry... expensive flavoring though!

Crabbcakes is offline Senior Member
    My MIL just brought me a bottle of that straight from her last, recent visit to Italy...
    I have a mantra that I have spouted for years... "If I eat right, I feel right. If I feel right, I exercise right. If I exercise right, I think right. If I think right, I eat right..." Phil-SC

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mud Flinger View Post
    OMG. I'm a gonna make a coconut flour version as I actually have blood orange infused olive oil in my pantry... expensive flavoring though!
    but so worth it.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    I have never even heard of such an oil!
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Quote Originally Posted by Crabbcakes View Post
    My MIL just brought me a bottle of that straight from her last, recent visit to Italy...
    now seems like a good time to bug Mud Flinger for that coconut flour recipe version I mean, no, no, brownies are bad!
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    I have never even heard of such an oil!
    Specialty olive oil stores are popping up these days. I got it in one of those. Whole pay check etc might carry it, though I have never looked.

Crabbcakes is offline Senior Member
    Mud Flinger... Brownies are truly, really, verily, honestly my favorite baked thing of all time...

May I pretty please have your recipe for coconut flour brownies???
    I have a mantra that I have spouted for years... "If I eat right, I feel right. If I feel right, I exercise right. If I exercise right, I think right. If I think right, I eat right..." Phil-SC

geostump is online now Senior Member
    Brownies are the devil(that is why they are so good).
    Georgette

Mud Flinger is offline Senior Member
    I usually use one of Elana's recipes from elanaspantry.com. She as a new brownie recipe that uses almond butter but I thought I would use her German chocolate cake recipe as it actually calls for oil. Add some chocolate chips to weigh it down and voila brownies. At least that's what I will call them! Oh and beware, her most recent creation is a copy of Girl Scout Samoas ( these I won't try as Samoas were a fav and I finally am making some progress)!

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    I usually use one of Elana's recipes from elanaspantry.com. She as a new brownie recipe that uses almond butter but I thought I would use her German chocolate cake recipe as it actually calls for oil. Add some chocolate chips to weigh it down and voila brownies. At least that's what I will call them! Oh and beware, her most recent creation is a copy of Girl Scout Samoas ( these I won't try as Samoas were a fav and I finally am making some progress)!
    Hmm... there is a reason I don't visit sites like Elana's pantry I think.
    I used to bake.
    I was an EPIC baker and everyone LOVED me, because I gifted epic baked things.

Maybe once I reach those lower goals I will try baking things again.

For now I stick to braising meaty things...
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.