Page 547 of 1073 FirstFirst ... 474474975375455465475485495575976471047 ... LastLast
Results 5,461 to 5,470 of 10727

Thread: <Insert Bacon Here> One fat (guy's) primal journal page 547

geostump is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    Probably though back in late 2010/early 2011 many of the posts on the nutrition forum lined up with the book. People asked how it worked and people answered based on the book. Noobs today must wonder if Primal is some strange meat-only, potato-only, fat-only, fruit and sugar is okay, fruit must be avoided like the plague, high carb, low carb, who the f*ck knows what way of eating. It has become far less the primal blueprint and far more the diet hack hub. At least in my perception.

edit: and that is not to say any of them are wrong. Personally though I would have a "Ask your PBP questions here" forum and a "This is what works for me/Here is my experiement forum" or at least have the posts marked accordingly.
    I totally agree with you. I like the further discipline of EMF and I can tell its working. Looks as if this is what will work best for me. The whole eat mor taters movement just seems strange.

food journal time...

Lunch today was sauteed chicken, asparagus, and some potatoes (boiled in chicken stock) w/ butter.
    AAAAACCCCKKK!! Taters!!!!!!!! Run!!!!!!

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Geo...I am shocked! (that you haven't read the book)

Jon, I love your thread ideas.

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by geostump View Post
    I totally agree with you. I like the further discipline of EMF and I can tell its working. Looks as if this is what will work best for me. The whole eat mor taters movement just seems strange.
    I am all about EMF or EMPotatoes or whatever. I just think there needs to be a distinction made from experimentation and what is in the book. I also agree with the advice some give to try the PBP as written for 6 months (or so) before making changes.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

Quote Originally Posted by geostump View Post
    AAAAACCCCKKK!! Taters!!!!!!!! Run!!!!!!
    I would but that might be chronic cardio
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

Just saw this and am now homesick for FL

PoKVDp2.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post

Thanks That is what I liked about the forums two years back. If you were smart enough to read and listen you could actually get most of the main points of the book (at least the nutrition side of it).

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    I am all about EMF or EMPotatoes or whatever. I just think there needs to be a distinction made from experimentation and what is in the book. I also agree with the advice some give to try the PBP as written for 6 months (or so) before making changes.
    That is why I clearly told newbies to follow the book in my opening EMF post, but do they listen? Noooooo. I've had to redirect a few newbies this month.

That is why I clearly told newbies to follow the book in my opening EMF post, but do they listen? Noooooo. I've had to redirect a few newbies this month.
    and this is why I am not chasing you with a big stick

I'm taking that as a compliment...I hope. I looked at my friends copy of it and was like this is too much like a school text book. That is why if there were to be a Clift's Notes version, I would read that. I feel like I have a good enough grasp of the PBP that reading the book is pretty obsolete. I joined in the days of Griff, cillakat, and a few others so they gave me a good working knowledge and I knew enough from my friend to know what to ask without sounding like a total newb.