Page 546 of 1073 FirstFirst ... 464464965365445455465475485565966461046 ... LastLast
Results 5,451 to 5,460 of 10730

Thread: <Insert Bacon Here> One fat (guy's) primal journal page 546

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    says the lady with 10,000+ posts Hell, you were one of the first people to be welcoming here, and a big part of why I didn't just say 'to hell with it' after a month (the forum not the WOE).
    ^This. I wanted to be a part of your crowd.

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Aww. Y'all sure know how to make me feel better about myself. I guess I'm one of the last hold outs of the old crowd (Griff, cillakat, all them) on the forum. I'm starting to feel like I don't really belong here anymore. I'm too level headed (never thought I'd say that) and not bandwagon happy enough for most of the board. That's why I rarely venture out of the journals. I still scan through the recent posts, but I rarely give enough of a damn to give advice that will be trampled with "YOU'RE WRONG, this person obviously needs more [potatos/ iodine/ dirt/ protein], not to suck it up and actually give it a fair shot."
    I didn't realize my (overly verbose, way too damn long) posts meant that much to newbies.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Mud Flinger is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    I hafta resist all these "what's the quickest way to loose 20 lb?" (intentional typo) threads, because I know my answer will be "chop off a leg" or "chop off your head, you aren't using it anyways."
    Snorted my coffee on this one! It just amazes me how many people claim to be primal but never read to book. But then again there are many Christians who don't read the bible either so there ya go!

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    I made a few newbie posts when I first started, the usual floundering and WHAT DO I EEAAATTT kind of thing. Not really looking for the quick fix though. Then I started to journal out the wazzoo. That's an easy thing for me to do. I've been writing journals for a long time in various places. A few people trickled in and started giving feedback. It definitely made me feel less alone to have people come in and comment on the journal. I tend to pick up on journals if the title intrigues me or I see a poster that I generally follow the posts of commenting there. I try to welcome newbs that don't seem like they're here short-term so they feel welcomed like I did .
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    I know I made several newbie posts, usually after a search turned up nothing relevant. I actually stayed away from the journal for my first several months, figuring them just to be food diaries and therefore boring. I think it was Cillakat's that changed my mind on that.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Yup! I saw a clear distinction in the value of a food and exercise journal as opposed to a journal where I shared what was happening in all areas of my life. I am so grateful because I have preserved such an amazing, powerful and sometimes painful time in my life.

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Food diaries can get very old. I like to see what people are eating but also want to get to know the person in their journal. I am strangely the opposite in other threads - oh, eat more *whatever* - cool lets see how that works...ah, 12 pages of 'you can do better tomorrow' and one or two posts about what people are actually doing. Not that I don't sometimes contribute to said derailing. Hi, my name is Jon, and I am a hypocrite.

Edit: lately it has been "Eat more...." then 10 pages of back and forth between "Your way sucks!" "NO! My way is best!" "You are way dumb!" "I'm telling Mark!" *le sigh*
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

geostump is offline Senior Member
    I'm going to be the first to admit I have never read the book and probably won't(unless Mark comes out with a Clift's Notes version). I was lucky enough to have a good friend talk to me about this WOL and he's been a great resource on this journey. I also researched primal/paleo quite a bit before making the move. Maybe I have a bit more common sense than the average ijit that visits the forums?
    Georgette

Quote Originally Posted by geostump View Post
    I'm going to be the first to admit I have never read the book and probably won't(unless Mark comes out with a Clift's Notes version). I was lucky enough to have a good friend talk to me about this WOL and he's been a great resource on this journey. I also researched primal/paleo quite a bit before making the move. Maybe I have a bit more common sense than the average ijit that visits the forums?
    Probably though back in late 2010/early 2011 many of the posts on the nutrition forum lined up with the book. People asked how it worked and people answered based on the book. Noobs today must wonder if Primal is some strange meat-only, potato-only, fat-only, fruit and sugar is okay, fruit must be avoided like the plague, high carb, low carb, who the f*ck knows what way of eating. It has become far less the primal blueprint and far more the diet hack hub. At least in my perception.

edit: and that is not to say any of them are wrong. Personally though I would have a "Ask your PBP questions here" forum and a "This is what works for me/Here is my experiement forum" or at least have the posts marked accordingly.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

food journal time...

Lunch today was sauteed chicken, asparagus, and some potatoes (boiled in chicken stock) w/ butter.