Page 543 of 1073 FirstFirst ... 434434935335415425435445455535936431043 ... LastLast
Results 5,421 to 5,430 of 10727

Thread: <Insert Bacon Here> One fat (guy's) primal journal page 543

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    I've heard from some people that they don't think e-books will stay as popular in coming years. I hope that's not the case because I love the waste-free side of them. Favored books will always remain on display to become dog-eared with love and multiple readings, however. Boyfriend is odd (to me) and only reads books once, however.

The kindle is convenient because it is small and has a light in the case, which allows me to read at work, during slow or midnight shifts. I'll still buy hardcover first editions of books I like though this is more for collector purposes.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

drssgchic is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    Books went into storage. I was leaving too many laying around, while the rest were acting as dust magnets. I'll do my reading on the kindle. Bookcases went into storage except for one for cookbooks, texts books and knick-knacks.
    *unclutches pearls*

I feel better now. I don't understand people that get rid of books. It's just not right.
    http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Originally Posted by TheFastCat: Less is more more or less

And now I have an Etsy store: CattailsandCalendula

Quote Originally Posted by drssgchic View Post
    *unclutches pearls*

I feel better now. I don't understand people that get rid of books. It's just not right.
    Agreed. I don't think I have ever thrown a book away.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

Mud Flinger is offline Senior Member
    We love books also but at some point one needs to consider it hoarding. We've been purging some books lately too since our shelves are over packed and our main solution is to spend thousands more on a new wall of lovely book cases. Once again we resolve to use the library more!

Of course no need to toss them. We first hit the used book stores and then what is left goes to charity.

Quote Originally Posted by Mud Flinger View Post
    We love books also but at some point one needs to consider it hoarding. We've been purging some books lately too since our shelves are over packed and our main solution is to spend thousands more on a new wall of lovely book cases. Once again we resolve to use the library more!
    The library would be a good plan, though our library seems to have a rotating schedule of hours. Meaning it is open whenever I am working and closed when I am off. No matter what shift/time/day I go it is closed. It's as if they see me coming and flip the signs.

Mud Flinger is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    The library would be a good plan, though our library seems to have a rotating schedule of hours. Meaning it is open whenever I am working and closed when I am off. No matter what shift/time/day I go it is closed. It's as if they see me coming and flip the signs.
    Cutting budgets has messed up our library hours as well. So sad that society sets the priorities as they do!

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Ah books...My husband and I go to Barnes and Noble just to sit among them and read our NOOKS. We have 4 bookshelves but need six. At this point the only real books allowed to come in are those for our Lincoln, Irish Writing and Art collections. The Writing and Art books are for our sons. I get used "pleasure reading" books from our local shop and donate them and others back to the same place.

I rarely use the library. Sad. Our library is housed in a set of 1600's era stone houses that have been attached. Very cool, but the weight of the books has actually caused the walls of the houses to bow outward. The walls are being supported by some huge unattractive wooden buttresses that look like the catapults from the LOR movies.

geostump is offline Senior Member
    I like the smell of books. I don't want or need a kindle or nook.

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by geostump View Post
    I like the smell of books. I don't want or need a kindle or nook.
    I have a system.
    Things I would only read in paperback on e-reader.
    Those worthy of hardbacks are purchased as such.
    If I can get a good vintage edition, all the better.

I got ride of something like 500 paperbacks a year or two ago.
    I did not need all of those paperbacks.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Quote Originally Posted by cori93437 View Post
    I have a system.
    Things I would only read in paperback on e-reader.
    Those worthy of hardbacks are purchased as such.
    If I can get a good vintage edition, all the better.
    This is pretty much how I will be doing things.