Page 542 of 1073 FirstFirst ... 424424925325405415425435445525926421042 ... LastLast
Results 5,411 to 5,420 of 10730

Thread: <Insert Bacon Here> One fat (guy's) primal journal page 542

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Yep. I meant over. Fixed. I think you have a really good futon.

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    If you double pad the futon (two mattresses), and get a well built one, they're good. Single mattress ones tend to suck donkey dick.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    Absolutely, well-built futons can be perfectly comfortable. I believe they are more common in Asian countries. I don't know how to you would figure out what brands are better, but I specialized stores would have good information. There's a futon shop in Cambridge up here, so I imagine they must exist elsewhere, though probably aren't very common.

But I have never slept on a comfortable futon. The "hinge" breaks easily on most and ends up dipping uncomfortably in the middle, or having the two sides on different levels.

I would vote look into IKEA convertible sofas and go from there.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

drssgchic is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    Yep. I meant over. Fixed. I think you have a really good futon.
    It's 4" of wool that's developing a decided dent in the center where I sleep. But I also don't have any problem sleeping on the ground in a tent, so I might not be the best judge

When I was futon hunting, I actually ran across quite a few that were called futons, but were essentially mattresses. Some even had springs. I think there are more options out there for a "futon" than for the classic layered wool/cotton on a questionable frame.
    http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Originally Posted by TheFastCat: Less is more more or less

And now I have an Etsy store: CattailsandCalendula

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by drssgchic View Post
    Same town, new home, or did you get a job elsewhere, finally?
    Same town. We are just tired of the place where we live, and want a bit bigger place.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

Thanks all. It sounds like futons, with a frame, which is what we would use, are pretty much the suck. I will check out sleeper-sofas. Thanks all!
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

So far it has been a productive weekend. Saturday I worked and then had training, but it was great training with a very good instructor which made the 13 hour day worthwhile. Yesterday we went through the closets and got rid of all the clothes that no longer fit. I'm no longer keeping 'fat' clothes. Screw that noise. I can't gain weight unless I want to walk around naked...well, okay, want to go to the store naked. We also got the rest of the bookcases packed as part of our 'kindle only' plan (keeping cook books and text books). Bathroom was cleaned and all laundry was done.

Today we are organizing the kitchen and the living room.

drssgchic is offline Senior Member
    You're getting rid of your books? What? What?

Um, still need those bookcases, then?
    http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Originally Posted by TheFastCat: Less is more more or less

And now I have an Etsy store: CattailsandCalendula

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    I love closet cleaning. You never know what you'll find. In more recent years, I've kept on top of cleaning clothing abysses, however, and there's usually nothing new to dig out. I'll save my next session for when the season starts turning.

I've heard from some people that they don't think e-books will stay as popular in coming years. I hope that's not the case because I love the waste-free side of them. Favored books will always remain on display to become dog-eared with love and multiple readings, however. Boyfriend is odd (to me) and only reads books once, however.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Quote Originally Posted by drssgchic View Post
    You're getting rid of your books? What? What?

Um, still need those bookcases, then?
    Books went into storage. I was leaving too many laying around, while the rest were acting as dust magnets. I'll do my reading on the kindle. Bookcases went into storage except for one for cookbooks, texts books and knick-knacks.