Page 54 of 1073 FirstFirst ... 4445253545556641041545541054 ... LastLast

Thread: <Insert Bacon Here> One fat (guy's) primal journal page 54

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Shop Now
    I dated several of my friends eventually, just not at that time in my life. Hell, when I hit my senior year, I instituted a rule on it: You have to be my friend before I date you, otherwise there's no point in dating. Geek was my friend (quite possibly best friend, where we crossed the line between friendship and dating is kinda blurry) before we started dating.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Yeah, I am with you on that one. I love that my GF is/was my friend first.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

geostump is offline Senior Member
    My husband and I started dating first. Met him at a new years party back in 1995. I still say if we hadn't of met, I probably would have never gotten married. Honestly, he evens out my quirks.
    Georgette

I wasn't sure I'd ever marry. Most guys, after awhile, decided that I was too much for them or I got bored with them. With Geek, that was never an option, because there was always another facet or story hiding away. Even after I found "all" his quirks and such, I didn't feel like I could ever get bored of him. We meshed too perfectly to think about letting go. I nudge him into new ideas and activities, he keeps me from stressing myself to death; stuff like that.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Twibble is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    I need to get a grill. I miss grilling. That or drive to Texas. Hmm..may be a bit out of the way.
    Dude. We just drove to Phoenix as a 3-day weekend. Sheesh. It's not THAT far.
    Most people don't realize how much energy it takes for me to pretend to be normal.

If I wanted to listen to an asshole, I'd fart.

Twibble's Twibbly Wibbly

We're kind of like that too. He's usually very opimistic and I'm the opposite. With everything as of late, we've kind of switched roles and I have been having to cheer him up. It also helps that I can't stand it when he's down because I know if I don't get him out of his funk quickly, we'll both be in a funk for days if not weeks. Everyone seems to love him and I think I'm just along for the ride at times.
    Georgette

Quote Originally Posted by Twibble View Post
    Dude. We just drove to Phoenix as a 3-day weekend. Sheesh. It's not THAT far.

And you didn't stop to say hi. I am crushed. Crushed I tell ya. :P

Now, while I love a good BBQ, I have driven across Texas once, and once was all I needed.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

Now, while I love a good BBQ, I have driven across Texas once, and once was all I needed.
    That'll be a fun drive come next year. Yeehaw!
    Georgette

Quote Originally Posted by geostump View Post
    That'll be a fun drive come next year. Yeehaw!
    No, it won't. Trust me. That said, we did have some good Mexican food in Van Horn, and the mechanic there didn't rob us blind on car repairs. So all in all, I recommend it.

And you didn't stop to say hi. I am crushed. Crushed I tell ya. :P

What? It's only a 12 hr drive...
    My Primal Battle Tome